Talk to me about "water witching" for a well

gryeyes

Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers
10 Years
Sep 22, 2009
My slice of heaven in Somerset, CA
I'm buying a house on a little bit of property with a well. The flow rate from the well is a little low, and my real estate agent said she'd make an appointment for someone to come out and witch the property to see if there is a better location. To check to see iif the current location is the best. We already know the well is fairly shallow, not much more than a hundred feet.

She said it with a straight face, no hint of a wink, or skepticism.

So, talk to me about this, okay? I wanna understand how this could be a bona-fide procedure when one is buying rural, mountain property.

I am open to it if I can understand it is not all that odd to do. There's no charge for the service, and I am expected to be present for it. I do NOT want to offend anyone!

I've seen it done, and honestly, there's nothing THAT weird about it. As I understand it, you just hold the metal rods and walk, and when they cross, you're over a water source. Apparently. No chanting or whatever.
However, I've never heard of it being a standard procedure.

I have seen utility companies use them to find pipe leaks...
hu.gif

All I can tell you on the subject Linda -

My late, ex MIL was a water witch. I was skeptical when I first met her and was told of it. Then I saw her in action. She was a true water witch and she was dang good at it too. Don't miss the ex, but I sure do miss that lady.

Just check out the scientific studies that have been done on it. It has been thoroughly debunked. It's good that there is no charge for the "service", but there is a charge for digging a well.

It does work. I located water lines on my brother in laws property doing it. Try it for your self and see. Anyone can do it . When I located the water lines I had never tried water witching before that and was pretty skeptical but I was a believer after the metal wires I was using crossed on their own. Pretty cool to see it happen.

It most certainly does work! In fact, I'm too tired to think of it now, but there is another name for it, other than "water witching". You absolutely must try this yourself. Use an old wire hanger and bend it into an L shape. Hold the short ends loosely in your hands and watch how the long end moves on its own!! It's so much fun--you must do!!

Back
Top Bottom