Tapping Guinea Keet?

britneyT

Hatching
May 8, 2021
Hi! I’ve come here because Google won’t give me a straight answer and I’m also a bit impatient. I have two guinea hens and recently, one had five babies (unbeknownst to us) and she is known to abandon the nest before all the babies hatch. Last time she hatched Little let’s, they all disappeared within the time span of a week, so we got the five, and candled the last seven eggs. We put the five eggs that looked okay in the incubator, and while I was candling one, I could feel a tapping and could hear a scratching. I figured there would be a little keet out this morning, but nope. The scratching and thumping is still going on. The baby hasn’t even pipped. The scratching that I hear is kinda consistent and is to the beat of a heart beat. Should I step in or wait for the baby to come out on its own?

Hi! I’ve come here because Google won’t give me a straight answer and I’m also a bit impatient. I have two guinea hens and recently, one had five babies (unbeknownst to us) and she is known to abandon the nest before all the babies hatch. Last time she hatched Little let’s, they all disappeared within the time span of a week, so we got the five, and candled the last seven eggs. We put the five eggs that looked okay in the incubator, and while I was candling one, I could feel a tapping and could hear a scratching. I figured there would be a little keet out this morning, but nope. The scratching and thumping is still going on. The baby hasn’t even pipped. The scratching that I hear is kinda consistent and is to the beat of a heart beat. Should I step in or wait for the baby to come out on its own?
I will find someone to help you out. @Chickenwingwing

Back
Top Bottom