Tattoo Wanted - Wife Objects.... What Do Ya Think?

Quote:
I have to agree with this..
i honestly dont ask my hubbys approval for anything.. I just dont think like that..Like i want a hedgehog...i started to google them...found a breeder and we are going on Sunday to pick one up...i didnt ask him...i just let him know we were going on Sunday..
Although..(and i know this may be wrong..but, ooh well..) he does ask me before he does anything.....
lol.png

I can understand that. I ask my wife before I do anything, but she always does what ever she wants and tells me afterwards. Is that the way it's supposed to be? But, nearly always she does the right thing. that's probaby cause she's a whole lot smarter than me. I married up.

Folks can run their marriages any way they like. As someone who has been married for 34 successful years, I've learned a few things. And yep, I despise tattoos completely, always have, even as a kid. And Boyd didn't need to consult BYC. The only one he needs to consult is Mrs. Boyd, if he consults anyone at all. Ain't a question of asking permission, just caring what the one you live your life with thinks.

Put the tattoo on the bottom of your foot. or between your buttcheeks..... that way she wont have to look at it.

Seriously, i have known relationships to be severely stressed with dis harmonous decisions like tattoos.

best to you.

Waaaaaaayy back in the day, I designed a tattoo for a (just a) friend of mine, at his request. His girlfriend HATED it, and HATEDHATEDHATED it even more once she found out I had designed it.

Fast forward 10 years, and I am married to my friend. I still like the tatoo
wink.png

Perhaps there is an underlying reason she doesn't like it. Maybe you could forgo the "Scarred" tattoo, and compromise by having her help you design something more to her liking?

Quote:
So you don't ask your husband to do anything?

Would you actively do something to annoy, turn him off, or generally something he doesn't like?

I mean we all have relationships that work differently. Maybe mine with my husband is just strange. We usually ask eachother if something is okay with the other, as we would not want to purposely do something to offend the other. It's not ownership, just courtesy to us.

If I'm watching TV in the bedroom and he wants to play xbox, he asks. If I want to add more animals, I ask. Most of the time the other person agrees, but our opinion truly counts towards the other. If I say "No, I wanted to watch this" then he'll wait until it's over. If there's something I want to watch and he's playing he'll usually say "can it wait until this match is over, and I'll say either yes or I'd rather it not." Don't walk into a room and "tell" my husband that I'm going to watch tv "now", just as he doesn't walk into the room and demand that I relinquish the television. We simply ask and listen to eachother.

Then again, I suppose it depends on how much something means to someone. I wouldn't decide that the bedroom is going to be hot pink without asking my husband. I would especially do it after I asked and he said he'd strongly prefer it NOT to be hot pink. To me, it would just seem like I totally blew off his opinion and did what I wanted to do.

Not trying to offend, just trying to understand how different people make different relationships work.

-Kim

NOPE I dont ask him to do anything... well except chores... can you do ---- (whatever) shovel the driveway. make dinner...ect... but I will also go and shovel the driveway.. make dinner we dont have the girls chores boys chores we all do everything.. if it needs to be done

would I do something to annoy him... If I wanted to do something that I knew would annoy him but i really wanted to do it... YEP suck it up buttercup... I really want to take my vacation to Cuba in January and I told him he needs to get confirmation in writing from his office before Nov 20 saying that he was approved his vacation time and receive his vacation pay or i will refund his ticket and he will stay home and this is annoying the poop outta him but o well i am not getting messed up cause of his work (LOOOONG story they did it to us b4)

He does not ask me to do something either... and yes if he wanted something or wanted to do something and he knew would tick me off but he really wanted it he would

its funny you bring up the X-box situation cause he has his own TV that he shares with the kids cause i cant stand to sit and watch the games.

If I wanted the bedroom hot pink with purple polka dots he would be like what ever do it ... I just sleep there...lol and then he would say something smart a## like make sure one wall is in pink camo just to make it REEEALLY tacky..

and all this makes it sound like we dont really have a relationship but its really the opposite... we are really well matched.. we like the same things from decor to pets to the way we raise the kids and the way things are done around the house ...

he recently got another tattoo... it was an addition to one he already had.. he has a forearm tat done by 1 artist and he wanted to get it continued up his arm to his shoulder and make it a sleeve... i was like whatever do what you want the bills are paid... but once the artist got the stencil on his arm i was like.. what are you thinking it looks terrible... you can tell there was 2 different artists and it looks like poop but what ever.. your body.. and he got it done... no issue.. not my body i dont own him... I gave him my opnion and he did not agree o well life will not stop... do I love him any less?..nope.. its a non issue...

now if he wanted to have another woman move in and be his live in lover.... UMM heck no we would have a problem...lol ... ulness mike rowe was movin in too...lol (sry redhen)

I didn't read through all the other posts so if I'm repeating sorry. When were you planning on getting the tat? If it's pre weight loss and getting in shape, I'd say hold off b/c the image will take on an entirely different look from keg to six pack.
wink.png

It's something me and the wife were talking about the other day, and going through some old concert pics reminded me about the tat I wanted. She doesn't want me to get any more (they are addicting though) and she's inked too. I dunno, maybe I'm trying to hold onto my 20's too hard.

Back
Top Bottom