Tax refund delay

Yeah, not due the 15th but the 18th... instead of Friday it's due Monday, means folks can finish it over the weekend though.

In exchange though you're looking at a minimum of two weeks before they get to yours, assuming E-file AND single account direct deposit.

Still seems like they came out ahead.

Yes ma'am! We're delayed because one of our tax forms falls into the delay period. The new form we need from a 2008 tax break won't be available until Fe. 14th, so they won't review our return until that is taken care of. Currently, my tax papers are pending with H&R Block until they lift the waiting period. I'm disappointed to say the least, thankfully I had money in savings to take care of a few things that need my funds right now... otherwise this would have affected us badly.

Also some of the issued were amending in congress late summer, and the updated forms were not ready in time for everyone to file early. I had a list of the forms in waiting which is what is holding people up. Anyone who got the $250 rebate check last year is held up, anyone who got the 2009 home buyer credit is held up and anyone who got the 2008 home buyer loan/credit to pay back is held up.

Also something to do with Cobra payments for unemployed is a hold up....

There are like 3-4 more forms that weren't updated either.

I owned them $500 for the credit, and needed a form 5045 and its a messed up form. But I tried to pay anyways! If they don't want me money... oh well!

Its not the "refunds" that are being delayed- it has absolutely nothing to do with funding.

The IRS is not even accepting returns with certain forms (mostly Schedule A, but there are others affected) due to delays in finalizing tax laws. Laws aren't finalized on time, so forms can't be finalized and software programmed in time. Simple.

They are not "holding your money". For those who have already "filed" who are affected by the delay, your returns haven't even gone to the IRS yet. They are sitting on a host somewhere, waiting to go through on the 14th.

The IRS releases refunds in "batches". Direct deposits take 8-15 days, when you file depends on what "batch" you'll be in. Some people are receiving their refunds early, due to the IRS CADE program, but there is no information available on who qualifies for an earlier refund. I can't find a link to the funding chart on the IRS website, but these are the funding dates for Direct Deposit. Checks take an additional week or two in the mail, though the checks should still be issued on the same dates listed below:

Jan 3 - 19 = Jan 28
Jan 20 - 26 = Feb 4
Jan 27 - Feb 2 = Feb 11
Feb 3 - Feb 9 = Feb 18
Feb 10 - Feb 16 = Feb 25
Feb 17 - Feb 23 = Mar 4
Feb 24 - Mar 2 = Mar 11
Mar 3 - Mar 9 = Mar 18
Mar 10 - Mar 16 = Mar 25
Mar 17 - Mar 23 = Apr 1
Mar 24 - Mar 30 = Apr 8
Mar 31 - Apr 6 = Apr 15
Apr 7 - Apr 13 = Apr 22
Apr 14 - Apr 18 - Apr 29

Your actual refund may come earlier due to the CADE program, or later if there are any delays. The dates above are from IRS acceptance.

I used an online software for my taxes. As we itemized, I was told that they will simply hold onto my return and file it on the 14th when the IRS is accepting them. This was due to last minute changes by Congress to the tax code.

I'm not too worried about it, my info didn't all come in until last week anyway. Of course sooner is always better, but compared to how long it used to take when we filed through the mail and were sent a check, a one week delay in processing is miniscule.

Mine was accepted 1/26, I got a message saying I would get a direct deposit on the 8th, then it was switched to the 15th.
I am not surprised with anything anymore.

eta
Just checked status...............

I am shutting up.
tongue.png
Not only am I getting it Fri, but it is MORE than I thought.
ya.gif

Last edited:
no tax refund yet for me. tax status said it was deposited on friday the 11th. hopefully it just takes 2 business days to get to my account. irs cant do anything until the 16th if there is a problem. so i wait and see.

Mine was delayed by a week due to some error in processing. I did get it that next week, but it kinda irked me that I didn't find out it was going to be delayed until 2 days before and I had sent out a check already.
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom