Tax refund delay

I've been using Turbo for about 6 years and it's always been Santa Barbara. I would hope that the e-mail transmission to Turbo is secure. I'll check my records.

My e-mail was a different prefix, but the @sbtpg was the same. If you signed up for direct deposit on TT and gave them your routing and acct number, it will go straight in just like a paycheck.

You got me paranoid so I checked it out. Everything looks ok to me. I put my Turbo disc back in and went to the check status and it had the same info as what was on the e-mail website. The Turbo Tax software said both returns were accepted and the IRS said the refund would be deposited on 2-25-11. So I think all is ok. There wasn't anything on the e-mail website that was actually needed. Just the same info as TT had. From experience it usually takes 2 days to get from the SBTPG to my bank.

If this is your first time i can sure understand your apprehension. It's hard to trust that much money to be put where it belongs. If a scammer got hold of it the IRS would just take a report and add it to a list.

I wished TT would be more specific about which banks will be sending me emails about it. yes it is my first time doing it. I love it when it was easy but its the pits when you made an error, go back and correct it again and it was finally accepted after two tries.

TT has my direct deposit numbers, account and so forth. When I got an email from that other St. Barbara bank, I didn't know whether or not to respond to it. I think next year I will use my credit card rather than having TT take it out with the refunds and their fees altogether.

It is cheaper than H & R Block's fees which it was in the hundreds of dollars vs less than a hundred dollars for the whole thing by TT.

So is there anyway to figure out when your return is coming if you mailed in your tax return? We allways mail it because DH is self employed and we fill out a million forms. And schedule A,C,SE....ect ect ect
We've always just waited like 4-6+ weeks for ours. But this year is our largest return... thanks to basically no work this last year. I always love doing taxes (I know I'm strange) so we had ours done and mailed like february 1st, had to wait for all the 1099 and we got one late.
So can I go to IRS.gov and type in my SS somewhere to see when we're gonna get ours?

Last edited:
Filed on 2/14/11, 6120.00 in the bank this morning. Who says those government workers are overpaid? Pretty darned efficient IMO. Have faith in those things in front of you as I always say.

Re if you mail in your forms, I was told yesterday that it would be 6-8 weeks for the refund. We also fill out tons of forms. So it's a long wait but worth it for the $$.

We mail ours, and I took it to the PO to mail it. There were a lot of forms, so I wanted them to weigh it. The guy said one stamp was fine. Don't you know it turned up in my mailbox a few days later due to insufficient postage. It was the earliest we had ever sent them in, since we could really use the money.

I just got terrible news... there was an issue with our return, its in the 'error department' to figure out what information is incorrect or needs changed. Could take 30 days for the IRS to contact me about the problem, or make me refile. After a year of unemployment this was supposed to help us get back on our feet since we started working again... and now we don't have it, and we don't know the reason or cause.
sad.png

Quote:
I feel for you!!! The first tax return I filed after my divorce was taken by the IRS and half of the following year, because my ex had signed my name to his return and owed taxes. I fought it tooth and nail but never saw a dime.

Back
Top Bottom