Teen's dad spends school year waving at bus, embarrassing son

OMG that's brilliant!

Man, I suddenly feel much better about my dad coming to my school to tap dance every Christmas and singing "Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer" then standing on his head and doing his "Down-Under" version. At least he only did it once a year and the other kids had all of winter vacation to forget about it.

Oh, my... I am a teacher... with a teenage daughter... I would SOOOOO love to do this to her. Too bad she will be riding in to the high school with me next year.

But... ohhhh what I could do to my poor biology students ....
lau.gif
wonder what the first day of school reaction would be? how many fruitcake phone calls would my principal get?

Awesome!!!

Something I wish I had thought of. Daughter just ended the 5th grade
and almost every single day I'm there to see her on the bus and off the
bus.

I told her forever that I'm going to do a softshoe dance one day...she's
always been afraid that "today is the day".

What a Dad.

Okay, it may be funny for parents, but for the kid, it's just CRUEL. Has he forgotten how awful teenagers can be, especially to another teen? All he did was set his son up for teasing. The article says MOST of the other kids liked it. Doesn't mean ALL the kids thought it was cool. Word probably spread throughout the school. What with some of the costumes being for women, I wouldn't even bother mentioning some of the jokes that could have traveled through the school.
That poor kid.
And to top it off:
"I hope this lives with him for the rest of his life," Price said. "He can use it against his kids and tell them, 'If you think you are embarrassed by me, you should have seen your grandfather.'"
It's just not enough that he embarrassed his son for an entire school year? He wants it to live with him forever? If it were me, I'd ask somebody to drop a brick on my head and hope for amnesia.
Probably all this did was damage their relationship.
-A teen who is a social outcast.

I think its wonderful! My DD will tell you I was the crazy parent. When she became a teenager and would go to sleepovers I would show up occasionally to introduce myself to the mom or dad. She never knew when I would just pop in so it told her not only that I cared enough to check on things but it helped keep her and other kids on their toes LOL (I knew all almost all the parents in her class so they knew I would call their moms and let them know how if the were doing something wrong). I always let the parents know that thats what I would do and they thought it was great. My DD is now 23 years old and brilliant and wonderful and she doesnt hesitate to bring over all her friends to meet the crazy mom. As for her being a social outcast, well thats just ridiculous. True friends will be there and are there for her. All the others that want to judge or ridicule werent and arent worth her time. Her words not mine and I totally agree. It taught her that I cared. I also taught her that being a social butterfly or being stressed and worried about what other people think of you is a waste of energy. Just surround yourself with positive people and life will be great.

My wonderfully brilliant baby girl a few years ago.

15098_dscn0100.jpg

Quote:
It's actually not that cruel. This isn't coming from a parent either, I'm a college student. It definitely was funny and the other kids thought so too.
"Most of them like it, and we roll down our windows and wave. It's fun," Rain said.

I also doubt that the kid dealt with tons of criticism because of it. If that were my friend's dad, I'd be jealous because his dad was fun.
If that ruins the relationship between them, then I think the kid is too uptight. He'll probably look back on it when he gets older and think that it was awesome.

Back
Top Bottom