Tell me about your Bantam Salmon Favs...please

augustmomx2

Songster
11 Years
Aug 31, 2008
Central Indiana
So, I have caught this whole "chicken fever" you all talk about
big_smile.png
I tried to fight it, but obviously it was fruitless, since I'm thinking about hatching my own eggs next Spring (yes, I plan waaaay in advance).

Anyways, I have standards chickens right now & thought I would try the Bantam variety. I'm thinking of Silkies (just cuz you guys won't stop raving about them) & Bantam Salmon Faverolles (cuz they just look so cute).

What are their personalities like? Did you hatch your own? If so, where did you get your eggs? I have been keeping my eye on the "Egg Selling" folder, just to get an idea of what BYCers sell the Salom Fav eggs & what their hatch rate is. Any info on your Bantam Salmon Faverolles will be greatly appreciated!

wee.gif

I used to raise Bantam Faverolles and they are very sweet birds and very good egg layers. I used to get the eggs from Catalupa Farms. Mothergoose has some and hers are beautiful! Prettier than mine! Hardy too!

DSCF0332.jpg

Picture027.jpg

i just hatched 2 on easter sunday and i'm loving the personalities of both little ladies. one comes running over to my hand to check it out before jumping in it for a lift. the other seems to be the 'watcher' for my new std favs (few days old), but will let me pick her up and not fuss too much before she settles into my hand. i love her look when she is curious!

i can't wait the 2 1/2 more weeks for my other 2 batches of bt salmon/blue faverolle eggs to hatch!

I just hatched hattrick bantum fav's

19130_bbbs_2_020.jpg

the larger and lighter colored chicks, the other chick's are butterscotch booted's and 1 call duck

out of 12 eggs 7 hatched

Last edited:
Wooo, thanks for all the pics guys! I just think they are adorable & kick myself in the arse for not ordering some, when I originally placed my order
he.gif

But, I figured it will be extra fun to hatch & my ds is already talking about it. Thanks for all the info
big_smile.png

I have a trio of Bantam salmon favs. All have been hatched here.

Favy: 3 months old , 6 months old
Egg came from friend that got some of her stock from jimnjay and other sources. I did show him once, but no one else around here owns or shows Favs. I just keep them as pets now.

Frances: 6 weeks old
Francine: 1 day old, 2 months old, 6 months old

are Favy's daughters by Fran . Sadly we lost Fran in January. She was from jimnjay via a friend who decided not to raise favs. Frances is about 2.5 months younger then Francine.

Fran was a lap-napper. All you had to do was sit in a chair in the yard. She was in your lap and getting comfy in a matter of minutes. Then you had to be still while she took her nap.

The Bantam Favs are larger then most bantams. They are extremely friendly and easy to work with. They don't range very far when out and about.

Cockerel(s): 2 months old, 6 months old

Matt

Back
Top Bottom