Tell me about your Jumbo Brown quail

iajewel

Songster
11 Years
Oct 22, 2008
Corning IA
How are Jumbo browns different from other quail? I just bought some eggs so.. I have 30 days to learn about them and not finding much on google

Quote:
The sticky at the top about quail IS your friend.... And you most likely have less than 30 days, 3-4 shipping and 17-18 incubation = 22 dayS and YOU HAVE FUZZY BUTTS!!! Better put a wiggle in gett'in the bator and brooder lights and tubs out... Your gonna have a BIG time !!! Expect about 1\\2 your eggs to hatch BTW. Bill

I prefer the garage or shed.
lol.png
Here are some pics of Jumbo Browns.
63214_quail_011.jpg
Hen
63214_quail_049.jpg
Rooster
Tibetan Chick
63214_sany0161.jpg

I live in Iowa.. so a long time before they can go out.. joy.. 17-18 days huh.. ok.. well how many of the large tubs will I need? I have 3 and quite the collection of heat lamps. If I split them up and change bedding often.. that should help. any suggestions on bedding? I will check out the sticky.. by the way those pics were awesome. Makes the thought of stick worth it. I have wanted quail for a long time, just never jumped off that cliff, now with the price.. Im jumping.

What sucks is I have a wonderful brooder .. OUT SIDE.. where it is only good March -first frost. This will be in the house as its to cold even with lights out there in the brooder building.

Quote:
COTURNIX ARE COTURNIX NO MATTER THE COLOR

COTURNIX DIFFER IN MANY COUNTLESS WAYS FROM NEW WORLD QUAIL SPECES SUCH AS VALLEY OR BOB WHITES

FOR BASIC COTURNIX SEE THE STICKY AT THE TOP SECTION HERE

Back
Top Bottom