Tell me the chicken coop is the only place you wear Crocs

What a funny post! I wear fleece lined "clogs" (because I'm too CHEEP for crocs) in the wintertime. I can run out to the chicken coop with warm tootsies, and not have to worry about falling over when I try to take off my big ol' boots. My kids and I wear clogs in the summer too. They are very utilitarian! And really, you gotta love shoes you can just hose off and be done with.

I love mine!

I didn't buy them though, cause I was sure I would hate wearing them. My MIL gave me an extra pair she bought and now they are my chicken shoes lol.

My youngest son is the only other person here to have them. I found him Camo colored ones, mainly because he kept trying to run around the chicken pen barefoot. Now he doesn't mind slipping on the 'chicken shoes' first, to run out there. I only wear mine at home, but he loves his and wears them everywhere he can get away with it.

My only complaint is that now that I have sand in my run and coop, I am always getting sand in the holes. So I have to keep emptying them out lol. Its either those or flip flops for me!

Sorry but I wear the cheap Pay-less brand of "Crocs" and I love'm :|

I think mine cost somewhere around $7 and they are very "functional" for me. I have the rainbow colored ones. To each his own...........

Okay, I got 'em, I love 'em, and I accidentally wore them to work (in a nice office!!) last week. And yep - heard about it from my boss' boss, too.
hmm.png

I confess to owning a pair that is so dirty from sitting outside unused, nobody would agree to put them on. I discovered a spider in one of them, and after that, well....

Also, I found that they made my feet so sweaty while gardening that my feet would slip around in them and I would fall.

i have them also, but they truly are my chicken shoes! only for the coops, off in the mudroom.

i need to come up with something better for winter. frozen croc toes can't be cute.

I've been seeing the 'crocs' around in stores, with fuzzy woolike lining. Sears had some, but I didn't get any yet.

I think I will need a pair of those for winter!! I don't do the boot thing. I am a good one for shovelling snow from the driveway in my slippers lol.

ETA: I think mine came from Avon...so they have little diamonds and metal studs on them that the chickens try to get off. Added chicken entertainment
lol.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom