Temperature has dropped to 19F tonight

Naiva80512

Chirping
Jul 22, 2023
Hi..Tonight temperature is gonna dropped to 19F..Should I let my ducks to my apartment? They are currently in my storeroom which has no heat source so I'm a little worried about them..I gave them a blanket and pine shavings as bedding and they seem to enjoy it..So idk should I keep them in bathroom tonight

Hi..Tonight temperature is gonna dropped to 19F..Should I let my ducks to my apartment? They are currently in my storeroom which has no heat source so I'm a little worried about them..I gave them a blanket and pine shavings as bedding and they seem to enjoy it..So idk should I keep them in bathroom tonight
How old are they? Adult ducks will be fine in 19 degrees F as long as there is ventilation - they breathe out a lot of moisture and that moisture will make them colder if there are no vents/windows for the moist air to escape. The windows should be up at least a couple feet higher than the ducks heads and need to be securely covered in hardware cloth ( 1/2 inch size ) to keep predators out.

How old are they? Adult ducks will be fine in 19 degrees F as long as there is ventilation - they breathe out a lot of moisture and that moisture will make them colder if there are no vents/windows for the moist air to escape. The windows should be up at least a couple feet higher than the ducks heads and need to be securely covered in hardware cloth ( 1/2 inch size ) to keep predators out.
In one month they will be 1yo..And thx for the comment..I decided i keep them in bathroom for now..In three days the weather is going to be warmer and i will keep them at their house again...last night was great..they were quiet...i hope tonight they still be quiet LoL 😂😆😂 and also i made them a bedding out of blanket and today it was a complete poop mess lmao 🤣😂🤣..They are so cute

Back
Top Bottom