Temperature of the room for chicks

JessRenee

In the Brooder
Mar 6, 2023
We will be getting chicks for the first time this spring. After a lot of research I feel like I have a pretty good understanding on what to do but one thing I still haven’t gotten clarity on is the temperature of the room that the chicks are in. The way our house is set up, the chicks will have their own enclosed space but the room temperature is around in the 50s. Will that be too cold for their brooder to go in? Should I add an extra heater to raise the room temp a little bit or am I overthinking it?

We will be getting chicks for the first time this spring. After a lot of research I feel like I have a pretty good understanding on what to do but one thing I still haven’t gotten clarity on is the temperature of the room that the chicks are in. The way our house is set up, the chicks will have their own enclosed space but the room temperature is around in the 50s. Will that be too cold for their brooder to go in? Should I add an extra heater to raise the room temp a little bit or am I overthinking it?
You do not need to heat the room, but they need a heated spot in their enclosure/brooder.

Last edited:
As long as they have a warm place to sleep/rest, a 50°F room should be fine....good in fact.
What kind of chick heat will you use?

I use a plate for heat but have a reptile light to keep the feed water station warmer for the first few days.
I ordered a radiant heat brooder

Back
Top Bottom