temperature

Morgan231

Chirping
Apr 5, 2023
Hi please may someone send me the link for or a photo of a good hygrometer :) (UK if possible)

and a thermometer for incubators :)

Komodo hygrometer
28EA860C-7AFF-4F7A-BF6D-F4CEAF903D06.jpeg

Komodo thermometer
CAB057F5-73FD-4FB2-B51C-1869C8B52506.jpeg

I use these for the incubator, tortoises and snails. On the cheaper side compared to some but they do work well.

Last edited:
this is the incubator Ive currently got, how would I be able to put this in so that the black tray is still able to move for turning :) View attachment 3472635
How does it turn? Is there no room inside at all? The reptile ones do have a sticky pad on the back but it’s being on the side of the lid really is not ideal. Sorry I’ve never seen this incubator before.

thats the incubator ive used for the past 2 years, youll need small gauges .. i got the ones in the pic off ebay .. and i would actually recommend THREE for this incubator, it varies quite a bit from end to end .. the left end will be hot and the right cool .. aim for a middle average to keep temps between 98 and 101 end to end .. cover it with a towel to help it stay more even and use a small jar lid in the bottom for water, fill it when it dries every 3 or so days, humidity will generally hang between 50-80, thats fine all the way through ... also, if you put larger eggs wih rough shells in it, MARK them with a pencil to be sure they turn and dont just drag, dont get the seperators too tight for sure, leave them loose .. good news is, i get close to 100% hatchrate with it, given viable eggs to start with ..

Attachments

• 20230329_095307.jpg
    20230329_095307.jpg
    347.6 KB · Views: 2
How does it turn? Is there no room inside at all? The reptile ones do have a sticky pad on the back but it’s being on the side of the lid really is not ideal. Sorry I’ve never seen this incubator before.
Hi not to worry, the lid sort of attaches to the tray and it turns like that x

Back
Top Bottom