Tennessee

Quote:
Thanks, Karen, but I really hope the blind one doesn't win.
I left a hen at home that was in perfect health, just looking scruffy because she's molting. I think they should've left the blind hen home
sad.png

The company owner just asked to see my feet, to see if I had feathers on my ankles like my chickens
tongue.png
What a goofball!!

I don't understand why anyone would bring a blind chicken to be judged. Apparently the owner doesn't know what the judges are looking for. Surely being blind would be considered a "defect". Right?

I have several nice bantam pullets that I need to cut back on. They are white and buff rock bantam cross. They will make nice little hens that lay a surpriseingly good size egg. Some are white anthe others range from buffto almost red.They are almost at the point of lay. I am saking only $5 each if anyone needs them. There are proably 6-8 of them.I am located in Portland which is about 30 minutes north of Nashville on I 65.

Quote:
Should've been , but it still got 3rd place in a field of 3.

Had an interesting talk with the bunny folks, as well as the guy at the poultry barn. Animal number are down because of the summer heat. Bunnies weren't bred because the ones that were had a high loss of kits. Also, many birds were molting or in poor condition due to the heat, and many folks lost bunnies or birds due to the heat.

BUT, they also had a higher than normal amount of people who were doing multiple shows and couldn't leave their animals.

The guy who swept the adult silkie field has a show tomorrow, so his birds were only there from 8-4 yesterday
sad.png
So I missed being able to compare them to my birds.

My goldnecks were the favored d'Uccles.
My partridge showgirl is in a LOT of fair photos
big_smile.png
I saw at least 3 taken of her.

I have a couple silkies I want to enter next year after all their feathers have grown in. They are still getting pin feathers. they 4 months old but they are just beautiful. I have a black splash that is the prettiest one but his toes aren't right. He has one fused. I think I could win a prize with him if his toes where right. the other two are a black one and a partrige both girls.

I have 3 black frizzle bantam roos and a couple of naked necked roos also bantam that need new homes will take $3.00 each on them.
I am in Carthage which is about 45 miles from Nashville

Hey folks, Okla-doodle-doo raises some nice birds up there in Portland. If I had room I would definitely look at those bantam rocks. I got some bantam EEs from him in 2008 (has it been that long?) and they are just the sweetest, hardiest little girls. They lay a darker blue egg than my purebred Ameraucanas! He definitely loves his little banties.
smile.png

Quote:
You should enter them anyway, in the cupplet/cockeral category. They're shown against other young birds, so the pin feathers are taken into account. And it gets them used to being shown so that as adults they are easier for the judges to handle.

Quote:
You should enter them anyway, in the cupplet/cockeral category. They're shown against other young birds, so the pin feathers are taken into account. And it gets them used to being shown so that as adults they are easier for the judges to handle.

I live out in the middle of nowhere where they don't have shows. I would have to ravel a bit just to get to one and the motor is out in my car. It won't get fixed for about a month. I owuld like to go to a show or two before I put any of mine in so I could see hows it's done and all. I know their nails have to be trimmed and the feathers around their eyes trimmed so the judges can see them and they have to be clean. I was told about the talcom powder on the backside so the poop will slide off but mine are black and a dark partrige. White powder on their fannies would look strange. LIke they had powdered poop. lol I wish the one's foot was right because he sure is a looker in my opinion. He's trying to crow too. It's hilarious. Sounds like somebody is strangling him.
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom