Tennessee

If you take the extra boys I'll sell you all 6 birds (Bantam Red Cochins) for $20

I need to make space and the bantam red cochins are all going. 2 hens, 4 cockerels... about 6-7 months old now. I like them, just need the room for more serious breeding I'll be doing.

Anybody in or near knox co, blount co, roane co, anderson co, loudon co that have 2-3 day old chicks for sale? I have one baby EE that hatched 2 days ago alll alone! It keeps peeping since its soo lonely. I'm looking for RIR's but I'd accept EE's that have only the blue egg genetic and dark legs with muffs and beard (since mine are like that), silver laced or gold laced or blue red laced wyandottes. Just let me know what you have, I'm needing 1-4 asap!

stanglover.. did you try craigslist?

I got 2 spare leghorns that are about 4 weeks old. girls. Exchequer Leghorns... the black and white ones that are really good for ranging. I'm in McMinn County but will meet you in Loudon Co. if you want to meet me 1/2 way and are interested.

I'm needing day olds! This is my lone EE.

55886_ee_chick_brooder.jpg

ETA: I had to look up what you have, they're cute but 4 weeks old is too old sorry! Also, since they're so young how do you know they're girls?

Last edited:
I got some due to hatch in a week... but then they are too young! Barnies and a project cross I am playin/working with

ETA: I have been known to put in a fake baby chick with single hathlings.... a yellow stuffed animal... sock balled up... something that size. It passifies them and it's kinda cute because they cuddle with it.

My absolute favorite hen was a single baby... she is the labrador retriever of chickens... just suggesting something in the meantime

Last edited:
Yeah, Craigslist only found a few that had chicks and they're not young enough. Course I just put an order in at Ideal for CornishX and Red Broilers but they're not available til Oct 6 so that doesn't work. My neighbors got guinea keets but I don't like guineas they make too much noise. Poor little guy just keeps peeping!

Back
Top Bottom