Tennessee

Same here, oh and Stanglover have you seen that big leghorn cockrel at the feed store? He is huge!
ep.gif

frow.gif
Thanks everyone. Now to address the Tennesseans.(that I'am and proud of) One thing you need to know and understand ppl that have little can only give little, but do have alot of love for there animals don't judge until you live in there shoes or go to bed hungery. Ppl in East TN where raised to think that animals are for food and must earn there keep. Also it is more our way to feed our animals or it is more natures way for animals to feed there selfs?

I do NOT like animals being chained or not having every thing they need or not haveing ever thing I want them to have.ie soft beds, not the hard ground, food bowls that are cleaned daily not some hole in the ground, cute little dog shrits, ect.

I have alot animals and they have the best I can give them and I think it is nice a heated coop that is cleaned every day and Free range and feeded chicken feed and treats and BOSS. The livestock guard dogs have the own horse stall to sleep in and there clean steal bowls fresh food and water ever day and hay to sleep on, and vet care. the barn cats have there own cat houses with heating pads and clean bowls and fresh food and water, vet care. INside cats have a king size bed and a house full of what ever they choose to lay on that day with clean litter boxes and fresh food and water, vet care, sugar glider with her own lovely cage and toys and pouchs and food and fruit ect. My mini horse has his own stall with nice clean hay and grain to eat and treats and fresh water and tow pastures to choose from and he is not made to pull or work.

This is my house , land and my ways, that I paid for and LOVE it. and Thank GOD for every day..

Cybercat, I know the kind of people you're talking about...
Here I see several strays and dogs on chains to a dog house, dogs that teets drag the ground... It's awful! BUT I guarantee you TN is not the only state that has that kind of treatment, just watch animal planets animal cops (houston, miami, detroit) all have terrible treatment to animals. Our problem is lack of animal control officers, DH was told by our animal control once that if the dog isn't large they won't come out.
Yes, my cat lives outside, I had her inside as a kitten... let her out to play and she never wanted to come back in. She's a darn good mouser and I've seen her eat 'em whole
sickbyc.gif
As far as dogs go... well there is a reason I don't own any (DH says if they're too big they stay outside). I used to live in Knoxville, I also used to work for the Humane Society, and out here is so much different from Knoxville.
When I first moved here to OS I got my first taste of how different it was from Knoxville when my DH's grandmother (whom lived next door) passed away and left like 5 cats (only 1 belonged to the grandmother the others belonged to a cousin of DH who lived there but was told she couldn't take them with her to her dads house) to fend for themselves. I was standing there listening to what they were going to do with the cats and one guy said to just take them down the street and throw them out somewhere else
somad.gif
then DH's dad said shoot em to save the gas
somad.gif
, so I piped in and said I'll haul them to the pound so at least they'd have a peaceful death if they had to have one because no way am I taking care of 5 cats (10 acctually after I found the kittens!!!).

Quote:
Yeah, I told Laurie there was no way I'd be buying any roosters though! I think the little bantams shes got back there are so CUTE! Everything she has is for sale, she'll sale things for people, like all her tack and the chickens. I like buying my feed a few bags at a time because I like going over there and chatting with her and looking at her parrots
tongue.png
and looking at the chickens shes got.

Quote:
there isn't a really well established market that i'm aware of, unfortunately, except some horse/cattle sales which are kind of dubious. i too am wanting to get into sheep for lamb, but the market is really small right now. the only place i can find lamb regularly is The Market here in Maryville- which is almost all local.

if you find a butcher (outside of a grocery store) PLEASE let me know.

Quote:
you can "sell" dairy, but you have to do it through cowshares.

Quote:
No, it is a little place in Lenoir City. It's a few minutes past Watt Road if your coming from Knoxville. It's called LC feeds, and I love it. So much cheaper than anyone else...

Back
Top Bottom