Tennessee

Quote:
I feel your pain, if only The First National Bank of Robert's Back Pocket wasn't dangerously low on cash. No more loans after last time...
he.gif

Quote:
So, can someone explain what you do at a poultry club? Like, do people bring chickens and swap stuff... or is it more like sitting in McD's chatting about chickens
idunno.gif
I'd like to go to one of them but wasn't sure what to do or if I should bring anything....

I can't speaak for others, but the West Tn. Poultry Club meets at feed stores and or community centers several times a year. We usually have a swap/sale, sometimes we cook out or bring pot luck. We talk chickens and other livestock issues, mneet other members and talk of things to come. Last year we started with shows. The first one was just an informal club show, but the next one was at the Delta Fair in Memphis. We hope to continue that this year and our president is working on finding an APA certified judge.

From what I have read on this new club. It is a meeting no swapping. They are working on setting up a new show. So this club is for the breeders that show. I am sure later they will have talks about chicken care and breeding later on.

Oh, ok then... sounds like something I don't need to leave the house for then, since I don't breed show birds. Anywho, lockdown today!!!!!
wee.gif

Thats good, I'm setting more eggs Thursday. I planned on taking a break from the quail but people want chicks so I better fire up the bator.
smile.png
Oh, and have you seen the silkies at LC Feeds? The hen is nice, but the rooster is not as good. I wish she would sell them...
gig.gif

Quote:
I think I know of the little silkies you're talking about, I havn't been able to play with any from LC but I have my own babies about to hatch soon. Hope they find a home soon! I'm in the process of building a new run/coop for my chickens. I have the run up and have the wood to build the coop just havn't had enough beautiful sunny days. Quail are so TINY
love.gif

Quote:
My showgirl has started laying again, and I have a couple of eggs in the bator, making sure the roo is still doing his job. I have 2 showgirls and 3 silkie hens in the silkie coop. I can't wait until they all start laying again!!

After they start, I'll have silkies and silkies split to showgirl available....

Congrats on the new babies, Stanglover!!!

Back
Top Bottom