Tennessee

I am in Memphis, TN. I am looking for people in memphis that have chickens. I am in the middle of the city and have a backyard coop right in the middle of the Berclair area. I am new to owning chickens, but I am having trouble finding chickens and feed and items like that... an help would be great!

Hey Memphis, I'm in Bolivar,Tn. Hardeman County 60 miles east of Memphis, 35 miles south of Jackson TN. I'm selling fresh eggs, and baby chicks, but I notice that this thread was in 2009, so are there any up to date people or conversation for my area Nov 11th, 2015

Somebody gave me the link to this thread when i joined BYC a little over a month ago and im just now checking it out! Didnt read thru all of the posts but if some of the same ppl r still here im really close to some of u! I live in Cunningham, TN....north of Nashville & close to clarksville! I love my chickens and my one duck! :) love em so much i have a rooster sleeping on my chest right now! Lol! He's injured so hes getting special treatment!

Hey Memphis, I'm in Bolivar,Tn. Hardeman County 60 miles east of Memphis, 35 miles south of Jackson TN. I'm selling fresh eggs, and baby chicks, but I notice that this thread was in 2009, so are there any up to date people or conversation for my area Nov 11th, 2015

I noticed the same thing about the dates but if u look at the bottom of the page it shows page numbers...skip to the last few pages and u get current posts! Ur post showed up on the last page so it should take u straight to current posts when u come bk anyways! :)

Th
I noticed the same thing about the dates but if u look at the bottom of the page it shows page numbers...skip to the last few pages and u get current posts! Ur post showed up on the last page so it should take u straight to current posts when u come bk anyways! :)

The middle tennessee thread is very active. There's a west TN, middle TN, and east TN

It is also the time of year chicken talk kind of dies since chickens are molting, not many eggs or chicks this time of year so it gets quite. Both thread are current, but the Middle TN is more active.

It is also the time of year chicken talk kind of dies since chickens are molting, not many eggs or chicks this time of year so it gets quite.  Both thread are current, but the Middle TN is more active.

Thanks! I was just checking out the middle tn thread...chimed in over there so i would be subscribed to it!

Quote:
There is actually a button to subscribe at the top and bottom of every page.
wink.png

I put this in the middle tn thread too but i thought i would put it here just in case the person might see it...if theyre on the site! I was traveling down hwy 48 yesterday toward Charlotte from Montgomery co! There was a person who lives on the right hand side of the hwy...had a nice little fenced in area in the backyard with chickens and either ducks or geese...only got a quick glance but a coyote ran right out in front of me on the road with a big orange chicken in its mouth! It blew my mind cuz it was around 12:45 in the afternoon! Im really regretting not stopping now that its all said and done! I wanted to stop and chase the coyote across the field and try to get the chicken bk but i was supposed to be meeting a friend that was waiting on me! Hopefully that person either sees this or notices the chicken missing and fixes the entry point b4 more come up missing! It breaks my heart! Ive got one injured chicken living inside right now and lost 2 chickens and a dog yesterday! Im sooo not looking forward to winter!

I put this in the middle tn thread too but i thought i would put it here just in case the person might see it...if theyre on the site! I was traveling down hwy 48 yesterday toward Charlotte from Montgomery co! There was a person who lives on the right hand side of the hwy...had a nice little fenced in area in the backyard with chickens and either ducks or geese...only got a quick glance but a coyote ran right out in front of me on the road with a big orange chicken in its mouth! It blew my mind cuz it was around 12:45 in the afternoon! Im really regretting not stopping now that its all said and done! I wanted to stop and chase the coyote across the field and try to get the chicken bk but i was supposed to be meeting a friend that was waiting on me! Hopefully that person either sees this or notices the chicken missing and fixes the entry point b4 more come up missing! It breaks my heart! Ive got one injured chicken living inside right now and lost 2 chickens and a dog yesterday! Im sooo not looking forward to winter!

I lived right around there up until about a year and a half ago. Right on the Hwy, between Cumberland Furnace and Charlotte. We lost soooooo many chickens! From the neighbor's dogs, hawks and foxes, we lost the majority of our flock the first year.

Back
Top Bottom