Tennessee

I got this computer, a pile of wood for some new coops, a Home Depot gift card, a chicken hauling cage, arrows, and a breakfast at Hardees.
big_smile.png

I have to remind myself every day that Spring WILL come. I don't mind the cold as much as I do the snow. The chickens won't forage which makes me have to buy more feed, and I track mud into the house when I go to take care of them. The year I get more chickens we have the coldest winter starting up. I used to say there wasn't enough snow, but now I wish it was gone. Guess I got to go see if the four wheeler will crank.
roll.png

hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif

35655_blrw_roo.jpg

Not my day...RIP Mr Whiney My almost as nice splash roo will take over duties for him now..thankfully we had 2 nice Foley Roos

Last edited:
Quote:
Sorry for your loss. He sure was pretty.
I've had 2 hawks hanging out in the woods just behind the coop. I haven't let anybody out since we spotted them. I went out one afternoon to collect eggs and one was just behind the silkie pen and I scared it away as I walked by it. I didn't even see it till it was in flight. We have some very healthy mice which is probably why they are here. I should let Blue out of his pen. He's so big he would kick their butt. But I don't want him hurt in the process so he's staying in his pen along with everybody else. They all have runs so they aren't cooped up.

Thanks
smile.png
Mr Whiney was a huge rooster...when he moved the ground under him shook a bit..the hawk was massive.There is one more that was with him so they are staying in until we get revenge on that one as well. He was taken right out of the coop door inside of his run...practically on the ramp-feet from my house as well.My Splash Rock roo was damaged as well so I figure he was the first one but got away and that caused Mr Whiney to leave his perch and go see what was going on and got attacked...Wyandotte's are cold hardy but wimpy and don't play well in the snow and cold so he wasn't out wandering on his own accord.
Have my fingers crossed the egg I got yesterday wasn't too cold..the last few froze.

ugh, hawks have been crazy this year! I lost a good 5 or 6 in a weekend or two earlier this year. Now have another bantam cochin missing as of last week. Stupid hawks.

Mine is a small hawk that hangs around here.......tried tog et the big birds once or twice and they fought him off each time. Now he just goes for the small ones.

Back
Top Bottom