Tennessee?

I am from Newport TN. Born and raised there. I live in MN now though, but I sure do miss it there, and my family. Where are you getting your chickens? I have a brother in Newport that is looking for chickens in that area, if you have any info on where he could get them I would appreciate it. Thanks bunches.

I've been lurking here for awhile, but just joined today.
I'm in Nashville and we're in the process of building our first coop to prepare for our first chickens! We're so excited and can't wait to raise some city chicks!

We are new to BYC and also cant wait to start the chicken life.
big_smile.png
We are in Flat Creek, TN just outside Shelbyville.

If anyone in this area (Nashville-ish) is looking for some roos, I've got 8-10 young cockerels that need new homes. Most are Delaware, 2 Delaware/EE crosses, and 2 BR. They are currently only 6 weeks old, so they don't need to move out for a few more weeks. One of the EEs looks like he'll be too skrawny to make a meal out of.......ever........but the rest should be able to hold their own as dual purpose birds. I just don't really want to be the one making that decision.

Quote:
Where are you getting them from?
Any breeds in particular?

I'll be hatching some Blue Orpingtons & some Blue & Black Ameracauna's late March. I know I won't be able to keep many of them...

Quote:
We will be looking for roos/chicks as soon as we figure out what were doing.
lol.png
I have a shed/mini barn that I will be converting for a coop. Any insight from y'all will be welcome. I will be posting picks of the future coop soon. Feel free to email me with pics/prices of what you have at [email protected] thx

Kentucky~Momma :

Quote:
If you want, I am about 50 miles from Nashville, we have chicks and pullets for sale almost year round... let me know. Oh! Welcome to BYC!

Oh - thank you! I've already ordered a few, but I'm guessing the chicken fever is going to take hold of me, and I'm going to end up wanting more! What kind do you have?​

Back
Top Bottom