Tennessee?

Welcome to all the new commers. Its almost spring and our time of the year. New chicks and baby ducks and geese. Can't get enough of them it seems. So Truly what kind if roo did they gift you with. Do you have other poultry,animals.

How about you 4dmtns, what all do you hobby with.

Quote:
welcome-byc.gif

Hi, I am way over here in West Tennessee. Do you already have chickens or is your new roo all you have?

~Rebecca

Hello TennesseeTruly & head4dmntns! You guys are both fairly close by. I am off 11E in the Limestone area but we are moving when our house closes on 3/25 to near 93. My husband worked in Church Hill until 3 weeks ago and we almost bought a house just north of 81. Glad to know there are so many poultry people around here.
big_smile.png

I only have this one lone roo. We just moved here in November from NY. We had planned on settling in a little bit before we got some chickens but now we have "Ricky". Guess we're gonna have to get him some lady friends. LOL

But I have other birds. I raise parrots! I've been doing that for almost 30 years. So I've always been a bird brain. LOL

Laurie

Hey all,

Does anyone know of what the TN Law is regarding selling eggs? Is it more a state or County thing? Does it say anything about how, where, what or in what type of carton? I have not seen the Law so if anyone has a link to it please pass it on.

Thanks

Quote:
You are allowed to sell the eggs produced by your own flock, up to about 3000 doz a year (I think), without having to get a permit and be inspected. For more info you have to contact the state dept of ag. I may still have email addresses if you're interested.

Hello everyone !!!!

I'm in Anderson County in East TN here. Joined BYC about a week or so ago and just found this group. Just got started in chickens, atm have 3 sex-link pullets and am going to be getting some buff orpingtons in a week or so.

Thank You Lorie I did know we are allowed to sell. Was more interested in the wording about cartons not too mention just having it on hand. I can not remeber if we are allowed to use recycled cartons and mark are info or we are suppose to have blank. I know someone that sells with remark used but I am not trusting that as i think that person is uninformed. If I plan on sell alomst to my limit i want to be sure I got that covered when I hit the farmers market.

Quote:
I don't remember there being any mention of the cartons. I think I threw the papers away last summer, but I don't remember any mention of the cartons -- I was satisfied to know that I was within the exemption. Since you have a bigger operation than I do, you may want to get the permit application sent to you (which includes the exclusion clause).

Here's the person to contact:
Egg License - A permit is required for all egg distributors selling eggs in Tennessee. Contact: Glenda Smead - [email protected] (615) 837-5151

For anyone wanting to sell chicks:
Baby Chick Sale License - To offer baby chicks for sale in Tennessee. Contact for an application: Kelly Lang – [email protected] or the State Veterinarian’s office for further information at (615) 837-5120.

link to TN Dept of Ag egg rules this document doesn't include the exclusions. I'll keep looking in case it's online somewhere.
smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom