Terrible hatch rate 2/12 eggs, is it time to intervene?

I don't buy shipped eggs.They rarely have good hatch rare.If you are going to have eggs shipped make sure you buy from a close as possible.Shorter shipping time the better.
But they all developed, that’s what confused me. Do you think they were weak because they were shipped?

So a heartbreaking experience. But at least I have two new babies

Attachments

• 1F676168-44FE-408C-B086-17402A6D328D.jpeg
    1F676168-44FE-408C-B086-17402A6D328D.jpeg
    304.5 KB · Views: 6
I am so sorry for the loss of your baby chicks. When I first started incubating I was only getting a hand full of chicks alive and the rest dead in the shell. I studied all kind of sites to figure out what I was doing wrong. My last hatch a week ago I finally got 20 chicks and 2 guineas, my best hatch yet. BYC will definitely have the info you need pretty much all in one place to help you. Wish I had found them a couple years ago when I first started incubating. But you still got 2 beautiful babies and that is awesome.

We have a silkie trying to get out of egg it was there yesterday at 4pm little hole in egg
All the rest are out does he or she need help ideas please thanks

But they all developed, that’s what confused me. Do you think they were weak because they were shipped?
If they all developed then it was probably something you did wrong incubating.Sometimes to much humidity can cause chicks to drown in shell.Not enough humidity chicks can shink wrap.opening incubator all the time when eggs should be in lockdown causes eggs to get cold then hot repeatedly which can weaken chicks.The last 3 days before hatch chicks are building all there strength so they can bust out of that shell.Its critical time important to keep humidity and temp correct and consistent.It takes a healthy chick everything it has to successfully hatch.Chick that is slightly weakened by less than optimum conditions has far less chance of hatching successfully.

Back
Top Bottom