Tetroxy HCA 280 and Egg Laying Hens

Chickenings4me

Hatching
Apr 7, 2015
Tetroxy HCA 280. I am curious, why does it say not to treat chickens producing eggs for human consumption? What is the danger, does anyone know or have an idea? I know that the FDA hasn't approved it, but why?

I have been treating our little flock of 18 chicks for some sort of respiratory issues. They aren't even a month old yet but we eventually intend on eating their eggs. Should I be concerned about using Tetroxy on them? It has only been a few days. This product was recommended by the local feed store. Did I mess up big time by using it, or what? I obviously don't want unsafe eggs.

Tetroxy HCA 280. I am curious, why does it say not to treat chickens producing eggs for human consumption? What is the danger, does anyone know or have an idea? I know that the FDA hasn't approved it, but why?

I have been treating our little flock of 18 chicks for some sort of respiratory issues. They aren't even a month old yet but we eventually intend on eating their eggs. Should I be concerned about using Tetroxy on them? It has only been a few days. This product was recommended by the local feed store. Did I mess up big time by using it, or what? I obviously don't want unsafe eggs.

Welcome to BYC! They'll be fine, 'cause the drug will be long gone by the time they reach laying age. :D

-Kathy

Last edited:
Thank you for the response, I figured they would be okay but I am still curious as to why the FDA has no official withdrawal date for egg layers.

Thank you for the response, I figured they would be okay but I am still curious as to why the FDA has no official withdrawal date for egg layers.

Not positive, but I think you'll find that most drugs are labeled that way, even Wazine, yet it's right there on the shelf with chickens supplies at Tractor Supply.

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom