Tevye's Dad: Rumors of my demise are greatly exaggerated.

Tevyes Dad

Leader of the Quack
8 Years
Apr 22, 2014
Hi all, I have been "gone" since early spring due to several things, so I am going to try to use this thread to ease back in, otherwise I will never have the time to get it all in.
hmm.png

First and most important, all the duckies are fine and healthy. There have been no changes in the line up and we still have a good supply of treats.

Second and of somewhat lesser importance, Yvonne and I are also fine and healthy (well as healthy as we are, we don't take nearly as good care of ourselves as we do the ducks). There have been no changes in our line up and we also have a good supply of treats (which explains why we aren't as healthy as our ducks
wink.png
).

I was kept very busy this summer on several projects:

1. Duck secure area. - Complete with removable "jail" accommodation.
2. Ducky Dome v2.0 - MUCH stronger and hasn't blown apart so far.
3. Revamping our entire camera system. We now have all digital high resolution security cameras to better monitor our charges and the rest of the property. This now includes a rover cam which we had in a semi-permanent spot over the pool for the summer.
4. Completely rebuilt our front porch using pressure treated lumber and composite decking so I wouldn't have to paint it. (Back gets done next year).

In addition to this, my "Honey Do" list has been very time consuming because my work has kept me on the road quite a bit lately which means that I get NOTHING done in the evenings when I'm gone and since Yvonne gets stuck with all ducky chores I would have been doing, she doesn't get much done either. So on the weekends we have been extra busy, or sleeping in recovering from being extra busy.

Finally when we did have a little free time, the summer was so beautiful that we spent it with the duckies enjoying their company. We have several people around town that bring their kids out to socialize with the duckies, feed them worms, and witness the goldfish feeds every weekend through the summer. (No the ducks are not spoiled.)
big_smile.png

My final block to being on here is that my computer situation hasn't been great and I tend to be long winded on the forum so smart phoning it just doesn't appeal. Well, I am half way through putting together a new shiny computer (some of the parts won't get here until next week) so that problem will be over.... The week after next, I will be on the road most of next week.
roll.png

So I will be honest, I just marked all my subscriptions "read" and am starting anew. I really care about all of my regulars, but to be honest, I took 6 months for all those posts to go up, it would take me 6 months to read them and then I would be behind on the current 6 months. Sooooo, if anyone out there had any big changes I need to enjoy/be warned/mourn about, please feel free to PM me and you can just point to the thread and date range and I can go from there. I had times I fell behind a week before and it took me several hours to catch up, so I honestly don't know of any other way to "catch up".

Since this is a stand alone thread, it is my intention to get some events updated from the introduction of Casey/Latte/Allie into the flock up to the first snow fall (around now) in this thread. Current events I will put where ever they belong. You may also feel free to point me to must sees from the last 6 months and give me synopses of the same period in your/your flock's lives.

So with this first post, I will leave you with the image of a bumper sticker we had made for this last election (I was going to make it available here on BYC, but I didn't get on here fast enough...) It isn't meant to be a strong statement of any kind, just some humor. With people burning down cities and such please don't take this too seriously.
roll.png

I know it is no longer timely, but I still have several so if you would like one, feel free to PM me and I will give you our address so you can send me a SASE and I will send you one - absolutely free (while supplies last).
big_smile.png

I know it is no longer timely, but I still have several so if you would like one, feel free to PM me and I will give you our address so you can send me a SASE and I will send you one - absolutely free (while supplies last). :D
Oh that's great man :rofl sad that it's a lil late We had a thread like that a couple month ago, it got shut down though. Fun while it lasted Anyway, hi I'm kinda new but I read some of your post a while back Nice to meet you finally

Last edited:
Oh that's great man :rofl
sad that it's a lil late
We had a thread like that a couple month ago, it got shut down though. Fun while it lasted
Anyway, hi I'm kinda new but I read some of your post a while back
Nice to meet you finally

Nice to meet you, BvB. Just put the ducks up in their secure area. Days are getting shorter.... Looks like their pools are going to be hard-frozen for the next week. Sigh, they'll have something to say about that... Yeah I don't want this thread to go political, but I thought the sticker was kind of funny and after 6 months I needed a pic to post and that one was convenient.
big_smile.png

TONY!!!!!!!!! And TEVYE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:ya :hugs :hugs :hugs :hugs

You and Yvonne and the whole Ducky Gang have been much missed!!! But understand how life gets in the way of BYC time... catching up would be umm.... yeah... no worries... :D

LOVE that bumper sticker! :love

Hi RF, I will get some pics and vids up when I can... Allie is such a pekin! Some times when we are feeding the ducks worms, we will tip the cup over Allie's head and she will put her head back and open and close her bill and just let them fall in - she is the only one who does that. It is so cute and funny. I will have to get a film of it when I finish up my new computer. :) That is one of the main reasons for this new build. I had scaled back my computer a few years back since I was using it mainly for browsing and email and didn't need a lot of power, but now I want to do more videos and be able to edit them, so I am building one with a few horses under the hood
big_smile.png

I will eagerly be waiting for those vids and pics! I know how those can take over devices... my phone may or may not be having issues now due to memory overload... :oops: :gig

I think Allie needs the @Julie Bird hug and squeeze treatment! ;)

Is Casey still riding poor Kaine around like a jet ski?

No, unfortunately Casey grew out of her tomduck phase and discovered Kaine was a boy. Now she has sparkles in her eyes and lets him do what he will.

Here is a picture of Latte (Buff Duck). She is molting for the winter, and competing with Tevye for how much down she can carry on her bill...

Latte: "Are you fluff enough?"

Fortunately Kaine has calmed down and is back in the general population full time. But if he changes his mind, he can be back in jail in a second (well actually it would take about 1/2 hour to set his jail back up and in the winter it might take another 1/2 hour to get him set up with a heated bowl of his own.... But not going to happen
fl.gif

Awwww!! Love the fluff pic!

Casey just had to make sure Kaine knew she could take him if he steps outta line... so glad he has calmed down and is behaving! :fl it continues... especially through winter...

He'll be fine until spring... Then we'll see if older is calmer... With Tella and Ettie, it just seems to mean crazier.
roll.png

The whole summer, the ducks have had some spats with the local small rodent population. They have business on both sides of our yard, but getting through has been a scary proposition with an entire regiment of ducks chasing them. But it seems as the weather has cooled (note the ice in the pools) the tempers have also and they have come to an uneasy truce...

Duck poop tea
sickbyc.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom