Texas Chickenstock 2008 - update 1st page

Hi, I'd love to come to Chickenstock and meet everyone. I can bring a flan (homemade). I am looking for a good home for 3 pullets-2 Easter Eggers and a Barred Rock. They hatched April 16th, are vaccinated for Marek's, and free range with Mom. I live in the Austin/Dripping Springs area so I am nearby.
See you all this weekend!

I live in Leander (NW of Austin), and am thinking about attending Chickenstock with my husband.

What stuff (food or supply-wise) do you need, and will there be many people bringing chickens? I am just starting my little backyard flock, and I'm looking for Australorps, White Leghorns, Cochin Banties, and Brahmas (Buff or Light), and maybe a Silkie bantam.

Of course, I'd love to look at other breeds as well if anyone has recommendations! I'm mainly interested in chickens as pets, garden helpers, and egg layers, not for meat.

The goal is to have a couple of hens from each breed, no roosters because of where I live...sexed chicks would be great, but I can always buy extra and re-home any roos.

Thanks!

Cynthia

Topsy, you have mail.

Cynthia, I hope you can make it. As a new chicken owner, you will meet lots of people to answer your questions.

Not sure who is bringing chickens. If anyone has the breeds you want, they will post and let you know.

I am cooking brisket, so bring anything you want to go with it. Chips, cold drinks, bread and condiments are also appreciated.

Joe,
Sorry you and Sage cannot make it.
sad.png
We will miss y'all.

okay, carla, i found a ride. i will be there with buster and buttercake in tow with hopefully a present that will get stolen this time.
wink.png

if anyone is interested, i have the following for sale:

i have 2-3 month old silkies in partridge, cuckoo, red and buff. they are $7.

buff orp girl and two aussie girls that are 7weeks old. $5.50 (austrolorps taken by cynthia)

several cherry eggers $5.00

two blue orp boys, approximately 5 weeks old $5.00

white crested black polish boy around 5 weeks old $5.00

3 laying hens that are 2 years old. they are red sex-links. would probably need a little tlc to jump start them into laying again. $11

3 laying pullets. i'm not sure what breed they are, but they are white with some brown and are debeaked and are laying pullet eggs. $12

black orp cockeral. i think he's nearing a year. huge boy. $15.00

Last edited:
Looks like I'll miss y'all again this year - darn! We have plans in Dallas for Memorial Day. I hape you all have a blast. Be prepared to see some beautiful birds!

yippiechickie.gif

Heather, hope to see you next year.

Michele,
I assume you are talking about Australorps when you say aussie girls. You are tempting me...

Back
Top Bottom