Texas

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by allen wranch, Jan 13, 2007.

1. GFamily

GFamily Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2013
    Texas
    Welcome!! So excited for you! I'm a newb too. I have 15 sex link girls and they are only about 6 weeks old now.

2. Fentressfarmer

Fentressfarmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2013
    Fentress Texas
    Howdy everyone, I haven't had time to check in in a while hope everybody is doing good! We have finally been getting some rain at my house! Thankyou god! The hayfield is starting to come up good and the sheep are loving it! All my ewes finally had lambs and the little chickens are still growing like weeds!! So I hope everybody has a good day and I will check in again soon!

3. GFamily

Feb 21, 2013
    Texas
    Good to see you back on here!!! The rain is sooo nice!

On another note, the other day I was worried our girls aren't being held enough to get "used to" humans. They are still very very flighty at 6 weeks old. So our neighbor's son and daughter wanted to come over. They wanted to go inside the coop. My thought was SCORE! So I told them if they pick up a chicken they have to hold each one for at least 5 minutes each. I had 3 kids (including my daughter) and then myself holding 15 chickens for a least 5 minutes each for an hour! I was thinking to myself, "I need to have these kids over more often!"

4. PSJ

PSJ Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2011
    Sabine Parish, La
    [​IMG]

Grocery store chicken!

5. GFamily

Feb 21, 2013
    Texas
    Poor things don't even have room to move around........

6. Bikerschick

Bikerschick Out Of The Brooder

7. GFamily

Feb 21, 2013
    Texas
    So glad I raise my own now..........

8. PSJ

PSJ Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2011
    Sabine Parish, La
    I know. The woman I work for raises chickens for pilgrims pride. I went down there with her this morning. She has 24,000.

9. jpruett86

jpruett86 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 14, 2011
    Borger Tx
    I read some good things about this design and how it helps stop wasteing food! I'm going to be building one of these here soon. I'm also going to be picking one of these up (http://www.homedepot.com/p/Oatey-1-1-2-in-Plastic-Mechanical-Test-Plug-33400/100342630#.UZPF58oTSTt) to put down in the bottom to keep food from setting in the bottom of the wye.

Babies!! So exciting :D Haha, I'm currently in baby chick swoon mode with the 6 I have haha. They are growing up fast. What kind of chicks are you getting?

10. GFamily

Feb 21, 2013
    Texas
    Thanks for that link! That's really awesome! I have yet to use mine, but I figured I'd try it out and then if I decide I want a different design go with something else.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by