Texas

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by allen wranch, Jan 13, 2007.

1. Kilsharion

Kilsharion Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 21, 2013
    Landstown
    My Coop
    Yes, yes I have...[​IMG]

I'll try to get you a photo tonight.

2. jpruett86

jpruett86 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 14, 2011
    Borger Tx

Are you sure you were looking at the correct stuff? Because at Lowe's a wye is 5 bucks... and the 10' is around $13. These were the 4" PVC.

I also know my local hardware store will have shorter PVC pipe for cheaper from cuts they have made, so I could pick up a 4 or 5' length for a couple bucks. :)

EDIT! :p

I think I realized what you were looking at. That wye was a S x s x s and if I remember correctly those are rated for high pressure for things like higher pressure water systems. So you can pick up one of the hub connector PVC fittings for the 5 bucks I was talking about :)

Last edited: May 15, 2013
  3. Chucklecluck

Chucklecluck Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2012
    Bastrop Texas
    My Coop
    As far as mean Roos go I found at that teenage stage they tend to get aggressive if you take them and carry them under one arm while going about your chicken chores the chill out after a few days it's worked on all but I one rooster and when I processed that guy his testis where way larger than normal

4. Little Wing

Little Wing Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2012
    Houston, Texas
    You are right. I was on the Home Depot app. I looked again and they have them down to $5.12. Thanks. [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. showbarnmom

showbarnmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2012
    south central Texas
    Picked up 3 new girls today. 1-1.5 yr old. I'm assuming hatchery birds, because the lady said they got them as chicks. And they aren't as pretty as self raised that ive seen

Amercauna(I'm thinking really an EE?)
    [​IMG]
    SLW. She isn't as pretty as I was hoping for. So still going to hit up Melissa Rose for one :)
    [​IMG]
    RIR
    [​IMG]

First time I've added birds from another source into my flock. Currently I have them segregated, and I dusted then with 7dust, should I deworm? Ladies back yard was really well kept, and she only had a flock of 8.

If I need to deworm, will ivermectin be enough? I have both pour on and injectiable/oral

6. Chucklecluck

Chucklecluck Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2012
    Bastrop Texas
    My Coop
    As far as mean Roos go I found at that teenage stage they tend to get aggressive if you take them and carry them under one arm while going about your chicken chores the chill out after a few days it's worked on all but I one rooster and when I processed that guy his testis where way larger than normal

7. Kilsharion

Kilsharion Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 21, 2013
    Landstown
    My Coop

8. Little Wing

Little Wing Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2012
    Houston, Texas
    The first one is an EE or maybe OE. Have you seen her egg yet or did they say what color egg she lays? ETA She is pretty.

The SLW and the RIR are nice. Crongrats!

Last edited: May 15, 2013
  9. showbarnmom

showbarnmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2012
    south central Texas
    She said she lays blue eggs, though hasn't in a while. Which is why I assume EE.

10. txnative

txnative Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2013
    Kempner, Texas
    I'm getting 1 Barred Plymouth Rock, 1 Golden Comet, 1 Rhode Island Red, and 2 Easter Eggers. I ordered them from Chickensforbackyards.com I seriously hope I don't get hit with chicken math fever, although the coop I'm getting holds up to 8......

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by