Texas

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by allen wranch, Jan 13, 2007.

1. yinepu

yinepu Overrun With Chickens

I did have a bunch hatch (would have to check the paperwork and see just how many since I had several hatches going off that day).. and yup.. I have you down for a frizzled roo.. so hopefully I get several out of that batch.

now it's just waiting to see who has frizzle feathers when they start to grow out.. if I end up with all smooth birds you can bet I will be getting more eggs!

I also have hatchery frizzles on order.. but even with them I have no guarantee that I will be sent a frizzle and not a smooth

2. showbarnmom

showbarnmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2012
    south central Texas
    I am so excited about a frizzle, it's scarey lol. I seriously want a bunch of frizzled blue egg layers lmao.

And chicken math keeps striking. What is the recommended sq ft of coop with an attached run per LF bird again???

3. RachaelS

RachaelS Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2011
    Austin, TX
    Yep as I said there is always an exception to the rule and if it was going to be anyone it would be Yinepu [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] You really should start classes on how to raise chicks for new people and "old" people alike!!!

4. Little Wing

Little Wing Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2012
    Houston, Texas
    Congratulations on the new addition. Good luck squeezing in a new puppy, along with everything else you have going. [​IMG]

5. Cockle-Dood

Cockle-Dood Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 23, 2012
    New Waverly, TX

3 sq ft in coup 10 sg ft of run space per bird

6. TexasLisa

TexasLisa Overrun With Chickens

Jan 27, 2012
    Rosenberg, TX
    Bikerschick and txnative: Welcome to the BYC!!!

Bikerschick: Just going by your name, what kind of bike do you ride?
    Yinepu, thanks for the advice. I just got mine in yesterday. Will be checking it out.

Good Morning Texans! I heard 6 tornadoes hit last night in N. Texas. Is everyone okay?

Lisa :p

7. showbarnmom

showbarnmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2012
    south central Texas
    Heard that about N Texas too. S-Central Texas just got dark skies. Nothing exciting here.

8. TexasLisa

TexasLisa Overrun With Chickens

Jan 27, 2012
    Rosenberg, TX
    Hi! We didn't get anything last night. :( A friend of mine lives in the Dallas area. She sent me a picture of hail bigger than a softball!

Lisa :)

9. Kilsharion

Kilsharion Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 21, 2013
    Landstown
    My Coop
    We just got a pretty good thunderstorm. A bit of high winds; but, nothing terrible. Very thankful. Hoping everyone north of us is doing well.

10. yinepu

yinepu Overrun With Chickens

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by