Texas

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by allen wranch, Jan 13, 2007.

1. showbarnmom

showbarnmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2012
    south central Texas
    Yin has some Cochin with the frizzled gene. LookIng for a rooster "stud" in the plans of making frizzled blue egg layers *fingers crossed*

2. yinepu

yinepu Overrun With Chickens

3. yinepu

we used to whitewash the coops when I was growing up... from what I can remember we just sent them out into the pen for the day (until the whitewash was dry) then let them back in...

lol... it's been a few years though.. but that's what I remember my mom doing

4. yinepu

well.. apparently there were three sightings of a tornado just north of where I live last night... so I did hear one passing by...
    [​IMG] figured as much since that sound is one you don't soon forget!

5. StelleKitten

StelleKitten Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2012
    Granbury, Tx
    I am lucky. Very lucky. The buildings on both sides of us were destroyed. We lost a lot of buildings and our dog. All the birds were fine, after we found then all. A few were in the truckers next door. I lost some laundry as well but that is all small stuff. Out car is pretty tour up, but it stars and runs. I'm really sleepy from trying to save or dog last night and the fear the tornado caused.

6. ShadowsFIAL

ShadowsFIAL Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2009
    Fort Worth, Tx
    Oh yes please please please!!!! I am in Venus, Tx. Do you know about how far that is, if I can get araucana, silkie, and yoko's I might be able to convince my husband to let me take the drive haha.

oh sweet, that sounds cute x3

7. TexasLisa

TexasLisa Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2012
    Rosenberg, TX
    StelleKitten I am so sorry for the lost of your dog and the buildings. [​IMG] I am happy you and your husband are okay.

Get some rest.

Lisa :)

8. Chucklecluck

Chucklecluck Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2012
    Bastrop Texas
    My Coop
    [quote name="yinepu"

We're caponizing birds this weekend if the weather holds out. Plus I have a several people who will be stopping by to learn how it's done. Gonna be a full house so I don't know how much I will be
    [/quote]
    Will you be videoing the process the only one I have been able to find is in another language I would love to see this process

omg so sorry to hear I am happy to know you and your family are safe

9. kkidsmom

kkidsmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2013
    East Texas
    very sorry for your loss. Glad you are safe.

10. taterdee

taterdee Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2013
    Fort Worth, TX
    Google polish farms tx and check. He has a lot of different breeds and he doesn't even have them all listed on his site.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by