Texas

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by allen wranch, Jan 13, 2007.

1. Imprfctme

Imprfctme Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 27, 2011
    Denton County, TX
    I hope everyone in North Dallas area is okay, those were some pretty awful storms that went through there. Sending good thoughts everyones way!

2. topdycke

topdycke Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2012
    Magnolia, Texas
    Wow! glad you are ok - I checked out TX thread and you were one of the folks I had wondered about with the storm. Anytime there is hail you can bet there is a tornado of some fashion around

3. topdycke

Nov 25, 2012
    Magnolia, Texas
    Yeah we had some serious wind and rain with IKE - lost some trees but none on the roof

4. CatKai

CatKai Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 21, 2010
    USA
    So sorry to hear this. [​IMG]

5. topdycke

Nov 25, 2012
    Magnolia, Texas
    SteleKitten did you loose buildings on your lease property or the folks on adjoining properties lost their outbuildings? I know it was a scary night and hope you can sleep better tonight.
    Every other house on our neighborhood is getting new roofs from the tiny hail we got a couple of weeks ago - the hail we used to get in west tx would look like someone took a hammer to the cars.

6. topdycke

Nov 25, 2012
    Magnolia, Texas
    Looks like the wing got caught in something - during the storm? Keep her somewhere you can keep debris out of the wound and her quiet - portakennel?

7. AussieGirl

AussieGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 24, 2011
    Thanks again!!

8. StelleKitten

StelleKitten Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2012
    Granbury, Tx

Thanks again for the well wishes. We lost some buildings as did the ones next to us. Though ours were old sheds. They lost entire buildings. Huge ones. We were hopped it looks like.

As for the chicky, she will staying at the hotel with my sister while she heals. She is getting a spa bath now and will be cleaned up with hibiclens shortly. My sister has named her F4. That was the strength of the tornado that went through our area, so we were told. Anything else we should do?

eta She can't move that ring at all. Just hangs there limp.

Last edited: May 16, 2013
  9. showbarnmom

showbarnmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2012
    south central Texas
    Ithink just keeping her calm is the most important. Maybe entertain the idea of a body sling/wrap around the wing and body to immobilize it?

10. showbarnmom

showbarnmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2012
    south central Texas
    One of these things doesn't belong here.
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by