Texas

Quote:
thanks.. luckily LGDs don't take much training
big_smile.png

Good Morning Texans! I heard 6 tornadoes hit last night in N. Texas. Is everyone okay?

Lisa :p

We had what I suspect was a small tornado blow by last night around 1:30

They sound just like a freight train (I've had the "pleasure" of being a little too close to a tornado on several occasions). Anyway i woke up to thunder and then heard the sound of a tornado.. got dressed and went to investigate.. couldn't see a darn thing since it was dark.. but could hear the constant freight train sound very loudly.. plus had high winds... so I don't think it was very big or touched down.. but it certainly sounded as if one was pretty close by
When I checked the weather we still had tornado watches / warnings in effect... so
hu.gif

We live close to Fort Worth. Loud winds, heavy rain, and I do not think we got hail. If we did it wasn't big enough to notice. Though, our plants in my garden were beaten down pretty good...so I don't know if the heavy rain caused that or the hail. I hope and pray everyone is safe!

We're caponizing birds this weekend if the weather holds out. Plus I have a several people who will be stopping by to learn how it's done. Gonna be a full house so I don't know how much I will be on.
I am so jeolouse. I have about 15 juvenline cockerels between the age of 6-12 weeks old that in want to have caponized, but my wife won't let me cut on any of them. Do you have room for one more to scrub in or is it going to be a busy opperating room?

I think I am going to have specialize in Poussin and see if I can buy a capons from yinepu for Christmas dinner. :)

Yin- did you have any frizzled hatched? Mate a roo? Maybe a roo that needs to come live on my farm?
What type of frizzled roo are you looking for? I picked up a batch of chicks with two ameracauna x turkin frizzles and one might be a boy. It will depend on if my room mates will let me keep him or not, I have kind of fallen in love with his black feathers and white bow tie.
my favorite was "Fred".. hatchery roo that i rescued from some boys who were hosing him down since he had fallen out of the hatching rack and hit the floor..
He ended up being the one who would come in and watch TV and go for rides sitting on my lap in the car.. he was also "housebroken" (would go outside to do his business then come back in and hop up on the couch to watch TV). He was a snuggle bug too.
That is so awesome. I miss having a super friendly rooster. I had one when I was living with my parents. He would sit on my shoulder and try and preen me and would cuddle up under my chin making happy chicken noises. Had to get rid of him though since I lived in dallas at the time =[

OMG... I'm such a newb. LOL. Completely addicted to this site... but newb all the same.

Texas Lisa - My husband rides a '09 Road King. I just try to hold the camera steady and hang on.
cool.png
Thanks for the welcome.

I have so many questions that I never had before finding this site. LOL.

Caponizing... that's "fixing" a rooster, right? Like neutering? And if so, I'm wondering if this is the alternative to freezer camp for extra boys, leaving you with a loved pet?

Is there a list on here for all the acronyms being used? I'm actually a bit of a puzzle geek, and so figuring them out is a bit of fun for me... but when I'm stuck...ugh.
Like "LGD"... I've sorted that it's a dog....but.... Leggy Great Dane?? Lhasa Golden Dachshund?? Maybe just Little Good Dog??
lol.png

I'm mainly after sorting all the chicken-y acronyms though... so I can understand what's being said.

As for weather... We live in Red Oak (near Waxahachie), in Far Northern Ellis County. Nothing beyond a good ol' rain here at the house. But the hub's job in Ennis, a half hour south, took some light damage, and there's quite a bit worse cases there too. I know we lost some folks last night from the news. My thoughts are with everyone hurting this morning.

Sooo... Our mama finally hatched the last egg yesterday... SIX!
I've got 6 adorable little babies living on my porch with their mama. They were zooming all over this morning, and I didn't have a camera! Grrrr.

OMG... I'm such a newb. LOL. Completely addicted to this site... but newb all the same.

Texas Lisa - My husband rides a '09 Road King. I just try to hold the camera steady and hang on.
cool.png
Thanks for the welcome.

I have so many questions that I never had before finding this site. LOL.

Caponizing... that's "fixing" a rooster, right? Like neutering? And if so, I'm wondering if this is the alternative to freezer camp for extra boys, leaving you with a loved pet?

Is there a list on here for all the acronyms being used? I'm actually a bit of a puzzle geek, and so figuring them out is a bit of fun for me... but when I'm stuck...ugh.
Like "LGD"... I've sorted that it's a dog....but.... Leggy Great Dane?? Lhasa Golden Dachshund?? Maybe just Little Good Dog??
lol.png

I'm mainly after sorting all the chicken-y acronyms though... so I can understand what's being said.

As for weather... We live in Red Oak (near Waxahachie), in Far Northern Ellis County. Nothing beyond a good ol' rain here at the house. But the hub's job in Ennis, a half hour south, took some light damage, and there's quite a bit worse cases there too. I know we lost some folks last night from the news. My thoughts are with everyone hurting this morning.

Sooo... Our mama finally hatched the last egg yesterday... SIX!
I've got 6 adorable little babies living on my porch with their mama. They were zooming all over this morning, and I didn't have a camera! Grrrr.
Caponizing is fixing, LGD is a livestock guardian dog.

Anyone on here within a two or so hour radius from venus know anyone that sells red shouldered yokohamas, old english game hens, white leghorns, brown leghorns, silkies, araucanas, and dominickers?

cool.png
Thanks for the welcome.
Oooooh very nice bike!!! My husband is into BSA (old British bikes) and Triumphs. For now he is riding a 2004 Kawasaki. Living so close to Houston, we stick to the back roads.

Lisa :)

Hi!

Has anyone 'whitewashed' their coops? I am wanting to do this but was wondering if the girls have to be out of the coop for a certain amount of time. I have chicks getting ready to hatch in a few days, so I may have to wait a while before whitewashing.

Lisa :)

What type of frizzled roo are you looking for? I picked up a batch of chicks with two ameracauna x turkin frizzles and one might be a boy. It will depend on if my room mates will let me keep him or not, I have kind of fallen in love with his black feathers and white bow tie.
That is so awesome. I miss having a super friendly rooster. I had one when I was living with my parents. He would sit on my shoulder and try and preen me and would cuddle up under my chin making happy chicken noises. Had to get rid of him though since I lived in dallas at the time =[

Yin has some Cochin with the frizzled gene. LookIng for a rooster "stud" in the plans of making frizzled blue egg layers *fingers crossed*

Back
Top Bottom