Texas

null-36.jpg

Well.... I hope my critters have learned to swim.

I just want to say that I'm enjoying this entire site so much! I feel like I'm learning new things every day, and when my first babies arrive in a few weeks I just might be able to get them started right from what I'm learning here. I go from excited and expectant, to worried and back all in one browsing session:) I am really looking forward to being able to start posting about my girls when they arrive. Y'all are wonderful!

Hi everybody from a hot and muggy San Angelo.  I'm new to Texas since the beginning of the year.  Love it so far just need to get used to the heat.   Last week we got our order of 6 chicks and 10 turkeys which leads me to ask, would anybody in the area be interested in my packing peanuts?  I have 5 black chicks with yellow dots on their heads  looking for a home.  We thought that maybe we could raise them for meat birds but they are the cutest and friendliest little pests who jump on your hand and act all excited to see you far more than my keepers.  I just don't think we can do it.  I'm also looking for a home for 5 teenage guineas, 3 hens and 2 males.  They are semi tame and love to freerange. They do not like to be cooped up.  They tolerate other animals but here they are being pestered by my one dog who follows them around and ends up splitting up the group causing hissy fits and my very large tortoise who believe it or not chases them causing them to go into spasms. The only thing I require is that they all go to a good home with a secure place to sleep at night.  They are great at returning to their coop.
Tell you what: you never get used to the heat. You just get less used to cold. hehe.

Tell you what: you never get used to the heat. You just get less used to cold. hehe.
Hah! We're from Colorado and when we got here we were out in t-shirts thinking how wonderful the weather is but everybody around us was wearing coats and hats. We had a good laugh but now we're being laughed at for sweating like hogs.

Hello all! I was wondering if anyone in the Southern part within a couple hours or less of Corpus Christi might want to adopt some RIR chicks that are almost 2 weeks. No fees I just have too many chicks and people here locally have been flaky to say the least :-\

Hello all! I was wondering if anyone in the Southern part within a couple hours or less of Corpus Christi might want to adopt some RIR chicks that are almost 2 weeks. No fees I just have too many chicks and people here locally have been flaky to say the least :-\

Where are you located? How many are you talking about?

Lisa :)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom