Texas

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by allen wranch, Jan 13, 2007.

1. Cockle-Dood

Cockle-Dood Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 23, 2012
    New Waverly, TX
    Oh yeah...im sure much hasnt changed! Nice quiet little town. More feed stores than food stores, lol

2. showbarnmom

showbarnmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2012
    south central Texas
    [​IMG]
    Well.... I hope my critters have learned to swim.

3. txnative

txnative Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2013
    Kempner, Texas
    I just want to say that I'm enjoying this entire site so much! I feel like I'm learning new things every day, and when my first babies arrive in a few weeks I just might be able to get them started right from what I'm learning here. I go from excited and expectant, to worried and back all in one browsing session:) I am really looking forward to being able to start posting about my girls when they arrive. Y'all are wonderful!

4. Cockle-Dood

Cockle-Dood Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 23, 2012
    New Waverly, TX
    And just wait...once your babies arrive your list of questions is just gonna grow! Its a fun endeavor! I still learn things every day!

5. galanie

galanie Treat Dispenser No More

Aug 20, 2010
    Colmesneil,TX
    Tell you what: you never get used to the heat. You just get less used to cold. hehe.

6. turkchickistan2

turkchickistan2 New Egg

May 25, 2013
    Hah! We're from Colorado and when we got here we were out in t-shirts thinking how wonderful the weather is but everybody around us was wearing coats and hats. We had a good laugh but now we're being laughed at for sweating like hogs.

7. MadamContrary

MadamContrary Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2013
    Very South Texas
    Hello all! I was wondering if anyone in the Southern part within a couple hours or less of Corpus Christi might want to adopt some RIR chicks that are almost 2 weeks. No fees I just have too many chicks and people here locally have been flaky to say the least :-\

8. Chucklecluck

Chucklecluck Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2012
    Bastrop Texas
    My Coop
    At first I thought maybe a rooster found it's way to the grill lol

9. TexasLisa

TexasLisa Overrun With Chickens

Jan 27, 2012
    Rosenberg, TX
    Where are you located? How many are you talking about?

Lisa :)

Last edited: May 25, 2013
  10. yinepu

yinepu Overrun With Chickens

Butchered an emu the other day .. have a batch of emu stew cooking as I type this... [​IMG]

this was taken this morning between rain showers..

[​IMG]

we did get a bit of rain.. plus some wind (trashcan lid blew into the youngster's pen was about the worst of it)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by