Texas

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by allen wranch, Jan 13, 2007.

1. GFamily

GFamily Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2013
    Texas
    I love the pictures! They are sooo beautiful and so cute!

2. GFamily

GFamily Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2013
    Texas
    Wow, I don't know how you keep up with it all but go you!!!! Sounds like too much for me! I'm glad there are people out there like you who are willing to do all of that!

3. Cockle-Dood

Cockle-Dood Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 23, 2012
    New Waverly, TX
    Like i told showbarn, texasmja here has sq slw's and blrw

4. ShadowsFIAL

ShadowsFIAL Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2009
    Fort Worth, Tx
    Well... my first two eggs were supposed to hatch today if I had the temp correct... one is completely dark except for the air cell, so I think it is doing ok... the other wasn't dark like the first, and seemed rather small inside... I cracked it open and lo, the chick was dead =/ looks like it was at 14-15 days development. Makes me sad, but this next time I am going to set up my bator better. This was a learning experience, hopefully this one egg hatches and then I have a few more hatch to give him/her company. *sighs*

5. Cockle-Dood

Nov 23, 2012
    New Waverly, TX

Hey shadow! Been meaning to see hows things are going! Any luck with the roomies or are u still on the hunt? I hope everything is well, jesus knows ive been putting up with alot of my own nonsense lately! But what doesnt kill us makes us stronger, right!?

6. Cockle-Dood

Nov 23, 2012
    New Waverly, TX
    Are there any physical differences between male/female guineas? I have been trying to decipher from their call, but they all sqwak at the aime time and it hard to distiguish. And are those things on their head their version of a waddle....man these things are some o the strangest creatures...

7. ShadowsFIAL

ShadowsFIAL Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2009
    Fort Worth, Tx
    Still on the hunt. We can't seem to find anything, and on top of it by the time I get home all I want to do is crash. We have been busy at work, we have 80-90 dogs at the kennel and I have two newbies, and a part time kennel tech working with me at the moment, so I am doing a lot of running around being bossy(which I do not like to do), having to work double because one of the new people can't even clean up dog poop for some reason, racking my brain trying to figure out where to put dogs because our boss doesn't have enough tarps to cover around the sides of pens due to aggressive dogs(she should just buy some new kennels and we wouldn't have this problem =_=), and getting my arm and shoulder yaked to hell tryign to get these dog aggressive dogs down the dang isle to get them in and out. *sighs* We keep looking for places to move, but nothing so far is within budget... i am probably going to have to get rid of my roo's, if not my hens as well. It might be apartment life for me... which sucks royally. I am a little bummed about the egg in the incubator, still don't know if I am doing anything right. The young pullets and cockerel, are sleeping in the big coop with the flock tonight, we shall see how they do... I put them up on the roosts tonight, their first time roosting. The dogs also got stuck in the rain after I sent them to the groomers... so a waste of time and money there... overall, a really bad month. I hope I get some good news soon. So what nonsense has been going on with you? =]

8. taterdee

taterdee Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2013
    Fort Worth, TX
    I'm right with you. I had to go out of town a while back and had someone house sitting. when I came back the temp was at 104! I was hoping it hadnt been that way long but I think it killed them. I opened one today that had no movement and I think it went at the same time as yours. :(

9. Cockle-Dood

Nov 23, 2012
    New Waverly, TX
    A page or 2 back i had another batch taken by my mom-in-laws boston...bringing that dogs tally to 12 chickens now. Both dw and mil refusevto accept he is the one doing it, but i know! And i have been working shorthanded at work as well, so feel u there! Last week had a couple 7a - 6p for me. Got so many coop renovations to do, plus my sons 1st bday party....so yeah, busy busy busy! Hope everuthing works out for ya!!! Lemme know if u absolutely have to get rod of ur flock

10. Chiksa

Chiksa New Egg

May 25, 2013
    Just saying hello. I'm in the NE, between Sherman and McKinney. New to chickens, two years new to Texas. :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by