Texas

I don't know why I haven't seen this thread before,
hmm.png

I'm in Hempstead, Texas, about 30-40 minutes north-west of Houston.

Welcome Amber,
Another member in your area is thkosan. Not sure of their real name.

Sweetshoplady,
Welcome, and when are you moving to Texas ? You know you can't wait. aprilholguin and homechick are both in Mineola. We also have several other members in various cities in East Texas.

Hey Texans, I am a native Arizonan, but am trying to convince my hubby to move to TX. He is a civil engineer so we would have to be near a city like Austin. Anyone have a suggestion where we could look for a house on at least an acre? And not pay an outrageous fortune like here? We have 6 chickens we need to make comfy, and 4 kids. Also, how bad are the winters and summers? I hope hope hope we can make the move!!!

Quote:
I use to vacation with my exhusband at Sam Rayburn. We would go to Jackson Hole Marina and I can't remember the name of the park we would camp in, it was kind of secluded - it was really nice to wake up early, before the boats would start racing across the lake - the water looked like glass. It's real pretty there.
Welcome to the forum.

Hi Y'all. I am in Arlington- smack dab between Ft. Worth and Dallas. I read all 22 pages of posts and not another Arlington one among them.
sad.png

Is anyone listed on your spreadsheet Carla? I hear roosters in a couple of different neighborhoods so I know there are more chickens in town somewhere. I'd love to know where others get their feed from around here. I have a feed store very close by, but their pricing is outrageous. A bag of the purina sunfresh medicated chick starter was $3.99. I didn't check how much was in there but it weighed less than a 4lb bag of sugar! I'm fairly close to the Mansfield end of town and right on the Pantego line so if there is anyone in the area say howdy!

I have my first 5 little chickies coming from Ideal on the 19th. They are all cochins. I'm a sucker for fluffy feet!

Back
Top Bottom