Texas

Hey Everyone!! Another new member from Texas to add to the list!! I live in San Antonio on the Southeast side of town! Didn't see too many San Antonians on here? Well, I am a new chicken mommy, 3 Delaware Pullets, 3 Ancona Pullets, 1 Ancona roo, and I am guessing Ideal sent me 7 Buffs to keep my babies warm? They are light orange in color. I even got another from a lady here in San Antonio that bought a chick for Easter for her son and knew nothing about them so I took him/her in. He is dyed green but has some white feathers coming in on the wings, any guesses? I also ordered two baby East India ducklings and all are doing great on Day Two today! YEE HAW TEXAS!!!

DSC_0783.jpg

DSC_0774.jpg

DSC_0769.jpg

DSC_0778.jpg

DSC_0777.jpg

Welcome Lanissa...
What cute chicks you have. I am soooooooo glad you took the colored chick from your friend. So many Easter chicks end up dead from improper care.

There are quite a few members in the Central Texas Area. I am in San Marcos, several others are in San Antonio, Bandara, Austin, etc.

Come to the Texas Chickenstock and meet your neighbors.

The other day I ended getting a chick from a friend. She won it from a carnival and then decided that she doesnt want it. So now we have 2 baby chicks, I had to get it a friend yesterday.

Hello All,

I'm located in Dripping Springs, Texas along with husband, daughter, one red-heeler and one catahoula plus an empty chicken coop. Can anyone please tell me where I might be able to purchase 5-6 week old Hens? I would really love to have Leghorns but will settle for any good egg layers. Our local feed store (Triple S) has chicks but they are very young and that scares me. I would like chicks I no longer have to warm. Any suggestions would be wonderful. I might add this is my first chicken run!

Thanks to everyone for all the information provided on these pages!

Cheers,
Liza:D

Welcome Liza....

Glad we have another Hill Country member. I am in San Marcos.

You might check with Callahan's for hens. They sometimes have a few. Also ask in our Buy Sell Trade section.

Come to Texas Chickenstock May 24th !

BTW, you are our 400th Texan to join BYC (since I have been keeping count).

Thanks for the Welcome Carla!

So you think it would okay to buy from a feed store? I only need four chickens but want them to be healthy.

What is Texas Chickenstock? Remember, I'm still new at this.
big_smile.png

I'm proud to be the 400th Texan!
cool.png

Cheers,
Liza

Dear Carla,

Well I jumped off in the deep end and purchased two New Hampshire Reds and two Barred Rocks. They are all three weeks of age. They have lots of feathers already so I did not have to worry about them last night in the weather. Their coop is covered and I made them a nice bed behind a sheet of plywood leaning against the side of the coop but they perfered to sleep on the 26" high roost!

Thanks for the information on Chickenstock. I will see if we can come or not. That is my Daddy's birthday weekend so not sure as of yet what we might be planning. If he is celebrating we might be heading down to South Texas.

Thanks and have a great day,
Liza

Another newbie from Texas! I'm in the Klein area - Lyle Lovett's here somewhere! Lyle...where are you? Anyway, this is suburban Houston near Spring, Cypress, and Tomball. If anyone is near me, I could use a mentor. The coop is almost complete and I'm picking up my baby girls in 18 days from Ideal! I've been reading up and the forum posts have been the best education. We are getting a standard Black Cochin, Ameracauna, Light Brahma, Partridge Plymouth Rock, Black Australorp, White Plymouth Rock, and Silver-laced Wyandotte. Proud mommy to four kids ages 19 to 5, two kitties, four little terriers, two gerbils. We can't wait to get our peeps!

Back
Top Bottom