Texas

Yes, The girls r just starting lay again. I was starting to think they never wore going to lay again!!

On another note r your RIR's the ones they call rose comb.

I don't know, this is my first year with chickens and geese and my oldest batch is 8 weeks old. My birds were purchased from a feedstore which means they are hatchery birds. I do want to add better quality birds a little later on, but these guys were a good place to start and well I just fell in love when I saw them.

Oh no. I have plenty more. Total : 20 chickens, not including chicks, 2 horses, 45 rabbits, 1 lizard, 6 dogs, and a cat. And a 2 yr old son.

Ok I am absolutely jealous. I love horse and have always wanted some, but I don't have a large enough yard for them. If I had a couple acres I'd have horses, goats, rabbits, chickens, geese, ducks, dogs, cats, a lextra large veggie garden, and who know what else. Maybe it's a good thing I don't have the 10 acres I always wanted lol.

Could I see pics? :) Or did you put them up already? I don't think I've seen an Open air coop...
There's a link to the thread in my siggy. :)

It went from this: To this:

Hi am new to this pg!
I live in Boerne tx! My small farm Antique Fluffy Chicks. We have English Chocolate Orpington, English White Orpington, Silkies in many colors. Plus w have Sebastopol Geese.
Can't wait to meet other chicken duck geese lovers!
Welcome to BYC! I have been thinking about getting some different colored Orps. I have some Buffs right now, but would love to expand to different colors, heritage quality.

Welcome!!! I think I want curly Sebastopol geese. They would match my frizzled chickens. But then I remember I'm already the crazy bird lady. *sigh*
Yes! You must get matching fowl!!!
ya.gif

No time to catch up. Busy, busy, busy. But I thought this made a cool shot.

Today's lay.
thumbsup.gif
One day, I too will have eggs!

There's a link to the thread in my siggy. :) It went from this: To this:
Your open air coop is what I am attempting to build for my birds. It's attached to a metal building on the back side and juts out from that. I am going to extend it, (only had chickens and geese 8 weeks and I'm already extending and thinking of where to put a 2nd pen ;) ) Is that a dirt floor or bedding? And how do you clean it out?

Last edited:
M
Ok I am absolutely jealous. I love horse and have always wanted some, but I don't have a large enough yard for them. If I had a couple acres I'd have horses, goats, rabbits, chickens, geese, ducks, dogs, cats, a lextra large veggie garden, and who know what else. Maybe it's a good thing I don't have the 10 acres I always wanted lol.

Me too! Me too! & a jack & a jenny & our pot belly pig, some peacocks, & a llama :)!! I even dream about it lol!

@mshuey1
Welcome from Bandera!
I have only 3 more days till the day 21 mark for my broody! So exciting! I might wake up to a chick. Today u could hear the chicks in the egg and momma was taking to them. I have a seriously cracked egg that might be still alive, little movement though.:( I love just watching momma talk to the eggs

Back
Top Bottom