Texas

We're in Cedar Park Texas. We have 2 cochin, 6 Rhode island reds and some mysterious micro mini hens that I swear must actually be some type of crow.
hmm.png

NOTE: The run in the pic belongs to the mini hens only. The larger run is being remodeled today. I'm not that mean
wink.png

Welcome MrsMommaJones! I'm in Round Rock.
smile.png

- TieDyeMommy

Want to buy some ducks?
frow.gif

My family & I have made a decision. *deep breath* We need to re-home (sell) all 5 of our ducks.

We have 3 White Crested (all believed to be female), 1 Black Crested (believed to be female) & 1 Pekin (certainly male). They are lovely, sweet & fun...but they are also loud, messy & big. All of our Crested were hand-raised by their previous owner, and have remained friendly while with us. Our Pekin was a rescue, but is also friendly (just not as trusting as the rest). I don't know how old they are, but the Crested are the same age...our guess is they are adolescent/young adult. None of them are laying yet, but they sure are trying to mate already.
wink.png

We are in the North Austin/Round Rock area. If anyone is interested, please let me know. Will take any fair price for all, or individually.

- TieDyeMommy

Want to buy some ducks? :frow My family & I have made a decision. *deep breath* We need to re-home (sell) all 5 of our ducks. We have 3 White Crested (all believed to be female), 1 Black Crested (believed to be female) & 1 Pekin (certainly male). They are lovely, sweet & fun...but they are also loud, messy & big. All of our Crested were hand-raised by their previous owner, and have remained friendly while with us. Our Pekin was a rescue, but is also friendly (just not as trusting as the rest). I don't know how old they are, but the Crested are the same age...our guess is they are adolescent/young adult. None of them are laying yet, but they sure are trying to mate already. ;) We are in the North Austin/Round Rock area. If anyone is interested, please let me know. Will take any fair price for all, or individually. - TieDyeMommy
Oh wow. :love . I don't know the first thing about duck prices, except not as expensive as what I paid for my geese from a feedstore. I wouldn't know what to offer, and I live in San Antonio, which is a decent drive to pick them up.

Last edited:
Oh wow.
love.gif
. I don't know the first thing about duck prices, except not as expensive as what I paid for my geese from a feedstore. I wouldn't know what to offer, and I live in San Antonio, which is a decent drive to pick them up.

I don't know anything about adult duck prices either. They will soon be of laying age (and the drake already has an idea about what he's supposed to be doing). San Antonio is still close enough to get here & back before lunch, though.
tongue.png
Are they worth the drive?

- TieDyeMommy

I don't know anything about adult duck prices either.  They will soon be of laying age (and the drake already has an idea about what he's supposed to be doing).  San Antonio is still close enough to get here & back before lunch, though.  :p   Are they worth the drive?

- TieDyeMommy

Yes, I love their look. But the black 1 is really eye catching. A few questions please. You said they were friendly, even during breeding season? My mom had a mean mallard when I was a child and I was terrified of it. They finally made duck dinner out of him. I would have to house them with my geese, would that pose a problem? I'm feeding flock raiser to all my birds currently because the chickens and geese were raised together, they still are together until i get my old storage building turned into a coop. When would pick up need to occur? This week is bad for me, I'm busy trying to help an 86 year old man who lost his house to fire on Easter Sunday. And finally, price. I am totally 100% clueless what is a fair offer for them.

Last edited:
Yes, I love their look. But the black 1 is really eye catching. A few questions please. You said they were friendly, even during breeding season? My mom had a mean mallard when I was a child and I was terrified of it. They finally made duck dinner out of him. I would have to house them with my geese, would that pose a problem? I'm feeding flock raiser to all my birds currently because the chickens and geese were raised together, they still are together until i get my old storage building turned into a coop. When would pick up need to occur? This week is bad for me, I'm busy trying to help an 86 year old man who lost his house to fire on Easter Sunday. And finally, price. I am totally 100% clueless what is a fair offer for them.

We have had them only two weeks, but their previous owner raised them from the time they hatched (except the Pekin, he was a recent rescue before we got 'em). I don't know about mood changes during breeding season. They are just now coming of age, and have remained trusting and friendly with us from day-one. I have a 4yr-old daughter who helps me, and they smartly stay out of her way when she tries to chase them...we've experienced no aggression.

I don't see why they would have a problem being housed with your geese...they are currently kept with our 5 pullets (with no trouble). The Crested were raised with the chickens, and the Pekin has taken to them all quite nicely.

They are being fed DuMOR
00ae.png
Poultry Grower/Finisher 15% Feed (for ducks and chickens). I am not sure what, if any, issues there would be with changing their food.

Pick up is flexible...Since you'd be doing the driving, you could let me know when would work best for you. If we did this on a weekend, my husband could help catch the ducks with us.

As for price...$10 per bird, or $50 for all?

- TieDyeMommy

I am in Rising Star, a small town in central Texas, in the middle of nowhere.
Welcome to the Texas thread!
frow.gif

We're in Cedar Park Texas. We have 2 cochin, 6 Rhode island reds and some mysterious micro mini hens that I swear must actually be some type of crow.
hmm.png

NOTE: The run in the pic belongs to the mini hens only. The larger run is being remodeled today. I'm not that mean
wink.png

Welcome from East Texas! Wow!! It does look like a black bird. How old are they?

This is our grand daughter Ker 'rin, she is 9...it's her first meeting with chickens...

That pic is a keeper! First eggs with Grandpa!! (love your chicken basket!!) :)

ITS FINALLY BLOOMING!
I've waited two years for it to bloom again.
That is gorgeous!!

Back
Top Bottom