Texas

If the temperature would drop just a bit more I can make soup! I love the cold and never complain about it because it is never to cold for clothes but it can deffinately get to hot for them
lau.gif
gig.gif

lvchicken, love all the icons!
smile.png

Our neighbors were burning trash yesterday!!!!!!! My sister called 911 and reported it at 5:30. At 7:30 when she told me about it (I was still at work), I called the sheriff's department. I was told "Oh, well, the deputy had something else she had to take care of, but she's on the way now." I am so upset!!!!! These neighbors butt right up against our pasture directly across from my grandmother's home (mine is a stone's throw away) and I guess this wasn't important enough to send someone ASAP??????!!!!! I called a lieutenant today and left a vm trying to find out why it took someone so long to respond. I swear if they light up their barrel again, I'll screw all of our water hoses together and stretch them out across the pasture just to spray them down!!! I don't care. I could NOT believe it!!!

I posted an ad advertising some of my pullets I received from Ideal. I'm not certified by the state yet. How big of an issue do y'all think that's gonna cause in trying to sell some of them? Am I better off just waiting two more months for the state to come out and certify me and just increase the price of the pullets? This is my first time trying to sell, so I'm clueless. Please feel free to give me feedback. It won't hurt my feelings.

It just irks me so much that everything could have been lost because of my "neighbors" obvious selfishness.
somad.gif
I don't even want to use the term "neighbors" when describing these people. I know we are supposed to treat others kindly, but those kind of actions make it very, very hard. Maybe I'm overreacting????? Maybe the sheriff's office's (over two hour) response time was justified??

Thanks!
big_smile.png

I hate peeps that break the law. Plus, burning trash?? Don't those peeps know they are putting their own life at risk???
rant.gif

Quote:
It won't be a problem. I see people not certified all the time selling extras on Craigslist and different places and they sell just the same. It's not people with commercial operations doing it, just folks that ordered too many or hatched more than they need. I also know one family that orders a bunch of chicks (say, 25) a couple times a year, grows them up a bit, then sells them as POL pullets.

I have some Roosters and male Duck Rouens that I want to sell or trade, but don't want to mail. I live in Lampasas - what is the best way to go about it? I will post pictures later. I have 31 chickens and so far I'm possitive that 6 of them are at least Roosters. I have 5 Ducks and 4 of them are boys - poor girl.

Back
Top Bottom