Texas

Quote:
smack.gif
LOL

We're never satisfied, are we? I give us 6 months and we'll be complaining of the cold AND the RAIN...
roll.png

Ive been saying all along that i prefer the heat over the cold...

and as I also said before, the cold and rain tears up my back something fierce... sorry if I am the odd one out.. yeah I do prefer a bit lower temps than the 100's... but 50's are just too darn cold FOR ME

so this winter when the rest of ya are whining about the cold and such... I'll be sure to have some of these on hand.. lol
smack.gif

Yup ... get ready to use'em too ... 'cause I'm certain the complaining is coming..
gig.gif

Quote:
smack.gif
LOL

We're never satisfied, are we? I give us 6 months and we'll be complaining of the cold AND the RAIN...
roll.png

Yes because:
As a rule a man'a a fool
When it's hot he wants it cool and when it's cool he wants it hot
Always wanting what it's not

So true.. lol

Citron, sent you a PM.

Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful weather!!! We had rain all day Saturday day, on and off Sunday, and nice breeze yesterday. Woke up this morning and was VERY tempted to call in sick when I stepped outside and felt the air. It would have been lovely to til up the fall garden in today's weather. Although yesterday was much, much better than the 100+ temps. I'll take it any day.

Quote:
Well, I was sick! Missed all the fun, great weather on Labor Day!! I was forced to be glued to the sofa the whole weekend!
rant.gif
sickbyc.gif
smack.gif
old.gif
caf.gif
barnie.gif
he.gif
th.gif
hit.gif
hide.gif
sorry about all the icons!
tongue2.gif

Fires in nearby cities but none in ours. Lots of smoke though. That's a concern for the flock as well I guess.

Quote:
I am glad they haven't hit you. A few years ago, there was a huge wildfire caused from a little cigarette! It's amazing how fast they travel. I bet they guy who threw it felt pretty bad, if he ever knew it was him.

Quote:
I am glad they haven't hit you. A few years ago, there was a huge wildfire caused from a little cigarette! It's amazing how fast they travel. I bet they guy who threw it felt pretty bad, if he ever knew it was him.

Yep. A few of these have been started by people grilling in charcoal grills. While not prohibited by the burn ban, not a smart move when its so dry and the winds were high! Some people don't realize that such a small spark can start such a huge catastrophe. And then you have the idiots that completely ignore the burn bans and are still trying to burn trash in burn barrels!!

I'm in Austin and the fires are popping up everywhere around us. My DH friend who lives in Bastrop his house burned to the ground. They made his family evacuate quickly so he said he let the chickens, dogs, cats out to escape on their own. I guess he had too many to take with him and didn't want them to be trapped. This is such a tragedy. I have a greenbelt behind my house that I'm constantly watching. I will put my 3 girls in the car and drive off if I see a sliver of smoke.

Back
Top Bottom