Texas

This Texas gal is BEYOND confused on how to breed quality silkies both Sizzles and Frizzles....everything I read is different and very contradicting...please someone tell me what colors and varieties to pair or not to pair...I feel so defeated

Howdy Y'all!  I am so excited to find all my Texas peeps on here!  I live in Granbury Texas.  It's half an hour south west of Fort Worth!  Any Granbury peeps out there?  I am brand new to chicken raising.  I have been on BYC for several months now preparing for my arrivals!  I picked up my first chicks on Tuesday!  They are 3 days old today! I have 3 buff orpingtons, 2 Rhode Island reds and 2 production reds. I am hoping to get a few Easter Eggers or Ameraucanas and a Maran.  Any tips or advice would be welcomed.

:cd  
Welcome!

I don't know about y'all, but I've started my flower beds back up. I have dirt embedded in my nails and am still not done. All of my tubers and bulbs are in, seeds started, and the vegetables are in grow pots in the green house. I got help from my olive egger trio, if I can do it off of my phone I will upload pictures. Lucky was crowing up a storm!

All of the trees we've been cutting down are lining all of my new flower beds. Who needs landscape timbers when you have a husband with a chainsaw?
I get to try my hand at a PVC/wood/Plastic green house after the coop project is done I working on. I think I am going to try my hand at IBC Aquaponics with solar powered aeration, we'll see how well that goes.

I get to try my hand at a PVC/wood/Plastic green house after the coop project is done I working on. I think I am going to try my hand at IBC Aquaponics with solar powered aeration, we'll see how well that goes.
You'll have to let us know how the aquaponics goes with the solar power.

Howdy Y'all!  I am so excited to find all my Texas peeps on here!  I live in Granbury Texas.  It's half an hour south west of Fort Worth!  Any Granbury peeps out there?  I am brand new to chicken raising.  I have been on BYC for several months now preparing for my arrivals!  I picked up my first chicks on Tuesday!  They are 3 days old today! I have 3 buff orpingtons, 2 Rhode Island reds and 2 production reds. I am hoping to get a few Easter Eggers or Ameraucanas and a Maran.  Any tips or advice would be welcomed.

:cd  

Welcome from the Sam Antonio area! This is a great thread.

Hello fellow Texans! Anyone near Schulenberg? My wife and I close on our new home there in about 3 weeks.

Congrats on your new home! I know I've heard of Schulenberg, but I'm not sure if it's close to us, or because my dad drives truck all over Tx. What other towns are near your new home?

Yes, please keep us updated with the progress of the aquaponics. (or at least me if no one else wants it on the thread lol) It's something I've always been interested in and plan to implement in the future.

I live in Bellville and saw a news story about Blue Star Ranch. I've never visited the place but looks very interesting.
I don't advertise but sell by word of mouth. Mostly to dh's co-workers, church members, and the people at the water company.
I have a hen sitting on about 13 eggs under a piece of furniture in the yard. I put some hay under the eggs since they were sitting directly on the ground and it was cold outside. Don't know how long she has been sitting but looks like two eggs hatched a couple of days after I discovered the nest (saw shells but no chicks). Cat might've gotten chicks so I now feed and water hen close to nest so she doesn't have to go far. May remove those eggs and put her in a large cage with fresh eggs if she insist on sitting.

Yes, please keep us updated with the progress of the aquaponics. (or at least me if no one else wants it on the thread lol) It's something I've always been interested in and plan to implement in the future.
It is a new area for me too. I have seen some elaborate systems. But, I am not a complicated person. I am thinking four IBC's running independent of each other. Crappie ought to do well in there. I would like to do some white bass, but I don't see them thriving. I don't eat catfish, otherwise that would be the ideal fish for the system.

Back
Top Bottom