Texas

That is a great idea. I do corn, peas and various melon in the summer. It really does help to keep your birds cool in those hot months. I also freeze gallon milk jugs of water and sit them in the coop to help cool things down.

I made the frozen corn popcicle things the other day for my girls when it got warm. They seemed excited about it at first but they lost interest halfway through. Maybe it just wasn't hot enough to melt before they got bored with it. It was worth a shot!

I like the frozen water jug idea! I'll probably try that when it's really, super hot this summer. I also just bought a small watermelon so I'll try to freeze some of that for them too.

Last edited:
I am trying to find the discussion on tree rat bait for traps. I think it was Rooster who had posted what worked well.
Anyway, I haven't found it yet, so let me ask. What do you bait a trap for squirrels with?
Spring has sprung in my area. Everything is green and I have my garden started. I love my keyhole garden and so does my granddaughter.

I saw this idea on facebook. What do you think? Good idea or not?

You know you're from Texas when the weather outside is beautiful and we're preparing for a hot summer!

Had a fish fry back home last weekend! Weather was perfect.

I'll tell my mom about this trick with corn, herbs and garden excess. Our chickens could really use it on those hot days and we don't have many shade trees in the old cotton fields 45 minutes east of Dallas!

Nice birds Wendy. Are these bantam or just some sort of old english lines?

I didn't know you have lawn chairs for your birds to rest once in awhile, after they walk/run too much. Some cushions or sofa will be ... better.

Nice birds Wendy. Are these bantam or just some sort of old english lines?

I didn't know you have lawn chairs for your birds to rest once in awhile, after they walk/run too much. Some cushions or sofa will be ... better.

Hahaha...no cushions. Would just catch poop. Chickens have run of place most of the time. My main flock is black breasted red old english bantams. They free range. Thank you for saying they are nice. I just try to keep them happy and healthy.

Including all the new babies. :weee
$5 each for anyone close.

Last edited:
I wish I were closed, so I can come over to get a bunny for my son to play with ... then later for my rabbit stew bowl. I swear I live near a Wendy, but this store doesn't have Ms Wendy whose has some banties.
LOL ... nice day my friends

I shouldn't have gone into our local Tractor Supply today. The bantam bin was overflowing with cuteness and they had a bunch of barred rocks and black sex links.
Too bad I don't have enough room for 6 more chicks. Plus the wife would probably kill me....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom