Texas

Hello fellow Texans!

I'm new to BYC and wanted to introduce myself. My family and I are currently raising our first pullets, which are now 15 weeks old. We live in a suburb, so our flock is small. Fortunately, all our girls are very friendly and love to be handled. Our EE will fly up and land on your shoulder if she wants attention. The BO and GLW will climb into your lap if you sit down. We've had a lot of fun raising them so far, and can't wait to get our first eggs in the coming weeks.

IMG_0851.JPG
IMG_0849.JPG
IMG_0847.JPG
IMG_0845.JPG
IMG_0843.JPG

Hello fellow Texans!

I'm new to BYC and wanted to introduce myself. My family and I are currently raising our first pullets, which are now 15 weeks old. We live in a suburb, so our flock is small. Fortunately, all our girls are very friendly and love to be handled. Our EE will fly up and land on your shoulder if she wants attention. The BO and GLW will climb into your lap if you sit down. We've had a lot of fun raising them so far, and can't wait to get our first eggs in the coming weeks.

View attachment 1048004 View attachment 1048003 View attachment 1048002 View attachment 1048001 View attachment 1048000

:welcome

Sweet looking birds!!!

:frow
Great to see more north Texans!

I just ordered 25 mixed layer pullet chicks. :wee Ameraucanas, BA, Cuckoo Marans, Delawares, gold sex links, and a Leghorn x Barred Rock layer hybrid. I reasoned it's as easy to raise 25 chicks as it is 10. I plan to sell off my excess in 2-4 months as pullets, thus at least "recooping" some of my costs. At least that's my story and I'm sticking to it. :lau

How y'all doing in this heat? We got some decent rain day before yesterday, sprinkled yesterday, humidity fading this afternoon. Thank goodness. Mosquitos might carry me and the dogs away though.

Last edited:
I'm in Sanger. It's about 13 miles nirth if Denton. I raise SFH and Ameraucanad. I have 20 chickens.
Hello fellow Texans!

View attachment 1048004 View attachment 1048003 View attachment 1048002 View attachment 1048001 View attachment 1048000

Welcome! I love Ameraucanas and EEs. Have not had the other breeds y'all mentioned, but they are beautiful,too!
friends.jpg

:frow
Great to see more north Texans!

I just ordered 25 mixed layer pullet chicks. :wee Ameraucanas, BA, Cuckoo Marans, Delawares, gold sex links, and a Leghorn x Barred Rock layer hybrid. I reasoned it's as easy to raise 25 chicks as it is 10. I plan to sell off my excess in 2-4 months as pullets, thus at least "recooping" some of my costs. At least that's my story and I'm sticking to it. :lau

How y'all doing in this heat? We got some decent rain day before yesterday, sprinkled yesterday, humidity fading this afternoon. Thank goodness. Mosquitos might carry me and the dogs away though.
Sounds like you're about to have a bunch of fuzxy babies!
It's been jot and humid here. Fortunately the grass is stiil green. My chickens lovr to forage through the grass for bugs.
Where are you in north Texas? I'm in Sanger.

Back
Top Bottom