Texas

Hi everyone, I'm a chicken newbie from South Texas. I'm down by Galveston. We don't have chickens yet but it's on the list for 2018. We need fencing and a coop first! I wish I could say I'm handy and could make my own but that would be a lie. I'd like to change it though! I have a line on a bunch of pallets so I may try my hand.

I look forward to joining in to some conversations one day soon!

Stephanie
Hey Stephanie glad to see ya. What kind of chickens are you looking to get

Hi everyone, I'm a chicken newbie from South Texas. I'm down by Galveston. We don't have chickens yet but it's on the list for 2018. We need fencing and a coop first! I wish I could say I'm handy and could make my own but that would be a lie. I'd like to change it though! I have a line on a bunch of pallets so I may try my hand.

I look forward to joining in to some conversations one day soon!

Stephanie
:frow Howdy from Rosenberg!

Come on back and get acquainted. Ask all the questions you want. Someone will usually have the answer.

Michelle, I am so sorry for the loss of your lavender orpington.

How many chickens do you have?
We have 5 separate cages for our chickens, one cage has a mix of 10 big chickens, one cage has 10 young chickens 8 buff orpingtons and 2 leghorn mix, one cage specifically for buffs, one cage for the silkies and young big chickens and one cage with other bantams.

Howdy every body!

Just popping in to catch up. I’m quite a bit behind but I’ll catch up as I can.

Dan, Dana, Lisa, and everyone else how are you all? If you’re still here... been a few months since I have popped in.

Dan did I see you post something on my community board at the store selling your birds? I hope all is well.

-Kate

B6FE2E5E-0573-4809-8C81-362967080374.jpeg

Lisa,

That’s terrible! I lost a bunch to a dog and to a hawk but that’s the life of free ranging birds.

I’m down to a more manageable number these days. Sold all of the exotics and most of the rare breeds I didn’t have time for.

I’m down to about 10 breeds now, roughly 50-75 birds. I have a large free range flock that I don’t count so I’m not sure exactly.

The penned birds I know, but I check them every day. Hah!

Hello from Saginaw! We are just north of Fort Worth and have a mixed flock of 13. I've only been keeping chickens for just shy of 2 years now, so still kind of a newbie lol! Just wanted to get into a group of other Texans with backyard chickens.

Back
Top Bottom