Texas

Thankfully what little wind chill I have, the shed my coop is beside blocks. But I still spoiled my girls this morning, and plan on keeping an eye on them throughout the day. :cool:
I personally hate the cold, but it doesn't seem to bother them. Makes me want my own coat of feathers. :p:gig

Enjoy the cool. Be thankful there is no ice around. Although I am itching to get a garden going. Summer will be here too quick and out stay it's welcome.

Stay dry! I'm sure you would look fabulous in a feather coat.
Thankfully we will hit 45 max for a low so all the plants can stay out. Since 45 is McAllen's forecast we will probably be 48-50 for a low tonight. The chicken aren't taking any corn out of the scratch nor are the wild birds it can't be too bad at all tonight.

edit---oops might need to move the pineapples my local schools weather station is showing 48F now. https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KTXSANBE2

Hello all! I’m from the Houston Area! Can’t wait to raise chicks!
Welcome to BYC! If you haven't checked them out Idealpoultry is an Austinish comercial breeder of many species. I had ordered mine without proper research and they became horribly heat stressed over the summer being yankee birds.

Definitely my first go around with chickens, I made the unwise decision to just buy them with no prior research on them, but have learned a heck of a lot!
Do you have a coop built yet?
Do you have plans on what you are going to do with the extra boys?

Back
Top Bottom