Texas

WHAT??? You have too many chickens! What sacrilege is this? Lol

Lol so true. And even after posting that I set 11 eggs in my incubator for my broody hen. They are from a secret nest that my two Dutch girls made so I thought I should take advantage and use them since I've been wanting babies from those two.

I think I need another coop.

I was thinking of making the extra boys sleep with the goats to free up roost space. Lol

Edited for typos. Thanks, autocorrect.

Hey! I am here in San Antonio.

Looking to send off three Pekin Ducks, 1M 2F, to a good home. Since they travel together, we want the to go together. The girls are just way too loud for our neighborhood. :( Sad day, but hopefully I can find someone who loves Pekin to adopt them.

If anyone is interested in the area, please message me.

Just found this forum & thought I'd say hi. HI! :)

I live in Glen Rose (just SW of Forth Worth). Got my first hens about 8 months ago, a Red Production, Black Maran & bantam Barred Rock. I wanted to start small bc I wasn't sure I'd enjoy having something else to take care of but of course I quickly decided I loved having chickens. Four months later I got two more hens from a friend wanting to downsize that I think are Buff Orpingtons. Just finished our larger coop and I have 4 TSC chicks in my garage...supposedly 2 Americanas, an Ancona & an Indian Red Jungle Fowl. My hens free range on a fenced acre with 5 Boer goats & a Great Pyrenees livestock dog.

I live in Glen Rose (just SW of Forth Worth). Got my first hens about 8 months ago, a Red Production, Black Maran & bantam Barred Rock. I wanted to start small bc I wasn't sure I'd enjoy having something else to take care of but of course I quickly decided I loved having chickens. Four months later I got two more hens from a friend wanting to downsize that I think are Buff Orpingtons. Just finished our larger coop and I have 4 TSC chicks in my garage...supposedly 2 Americanas, an Ancona & an Indian Red Jungle Fowl. My hens free range on a fenced acre with 5 Boer goats & a Great Pyrenees livestock dog.
Welcome to BYC, from Arlington! Yeah those chickens tend to sneak up on you. You plan a small flock of two and end up with six. Now they are too big to fit in their coop, so you could tear the old one down or you could build a new one and hatch some chicks to fill the old one. :oops:

Hi! Glad you found us! I'm just north of Fort Worth. Unfortunately, I got carried away buying chickens this spring. I'm just waiting to get my flock tested (Texas State requires a PT blood test) prior to selling some. I'm at a cross road with Chicken Keeping. Do I build another coop & more pens? Do I sell chickens? One thing for sure, I can't buy anymore chickens & my husband has put his foot down & will not let me buy an incubator! It's a shame. I've got some beautiful Black Copper Marans & Swedish Flower Hens. I really wanted to try my hand at breeding. Maybe if I get my flock down to our favorites, he will change his mind. How crazy did I get this spring? I went from 13 chickens to 70! :th

Hi! Glad you found us! I'm just north of Fort Worth. Unfortunately, I got carried away buying chickens this spring. I'm just waiting to get my flock tested (Texas State requires a PT blood test) prior to selling some. I'm at a cross road with Chicken Keeping. Do I build another coop & more pens? Do I sell chickens? One thing for sure, I can't buy anymore chickens & my husband has put his foot down & will not let me buy an incubator! It's a shame. I've got some beautiful Black Copper Marans & Swedish Flower Hens. I really wanted to try my hand at breeding. Maybe if I get my flock down to our favorites, he will change his mind. How crazy did I get this spring? I went from 13 chickens to 70! :th
LOL
! You could always sell eggs for hatching..... :)

:lau:gig You could always try body hatching! Just stick a few eggs in your bra!

Back
Top Bottom