Texas

My wife hates when the cat kills possums because they eat a lot of ticks apparently. But I personally approve of having a possum free yard. Additionally, I wont allow my Terminex guy treat outside like he wants to because we have scorpions and invasive mediterrian house gecko's(they eat scorpions).

We blacklight whenever we go outside at night and that works out well enough. I have only stomped 4 this week(outside) and it is very rare to find them in the house(1 in a year) after getting terminex.

My wife hates when the cat kills possums because they eat a lot of ticks apparently. But I personally approve of having a possum free yard. Additionally, I wont allow my Terminex guy treat outside like he wants to because we have scorpions and invasive mediterrian house gecko's(they eat scorpions).

We blacklight whenever we go outside at night and that works out well enough. I have only stomped 4 this week(outside) and it is very rare to find them in the house(1 in a year) after getting terminex.
I have only had a couple of scorpions in the last 25 years. But when I was working for a college back in the 80’s I rented a log cabin in the country on a sand hill. We had a bad drought then. The scorpions were on full blown attack for water and shade. We sat on the front porch swing and watched them cross the yard. We would find them in the sink. At night we would go out with a light and kill them in the cracks between the logs. I remember one night killing 45.

The things you learn from other people. Had no idea about the ticks. Looked it up and they do kill up to 5000 a year. They do it when they groom and they are like cats in grooming. The ones I have seen must have had a bad hair day. Didn’t know about the gecko’s either. Thanks Allen.

I have only had a couple of scorpions in the last 25 years. But when I was working for a college back in the 80’s I rented a log cabin in the country on a sand hill. We had a bad drought then. The scorpions were on full blown attack for water and shade. We sat on the front porch swing and watched them cross the yard. We would find them in the sink. At night we would go out with a light and kill them in the cracks between the logs. I remember one night killing 45.
Beats my record... I thought 27(stomped dead) in one night might have gotten me into the Guinness records. Kudos!
We have step family moving to Ft Wauchucka soon so as soon as we have a mailing address will shoot them blacklights and 18650's to see how bad their scorpion situation is. something lie this:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074GL1FTR/?tag=backy-20

Last edited:
Beats my record... I thought 27(stomped dead) in one night might have gotten me into the Guinness records. Kudos!
We have step family moving to Ft Wauchucka soon so as soon as we have a mailing address will shoot them blacklights and 18650's to see how bad their scorpion situation is. something lie this:

I have never heard of such a thing. That is a pretty cool gadget!

The only scorpions I have seen were in Oklahoma. We would find them in our trailer house quite often. I have not seen any (knock on wood) living here in Rosenberg.

I have never heard of such a thing. That is a pretty cool gadget!

The only scorpions I have seen were in Oklahoma. We would find them in our trailer house quite often. I have not seen any (knock on wood) living here in Rosenberg.
Yeah we didn't have any until one crawled on to one of our pool towels then I went out and looked! I found 27 the first night. It is best to be quite inebriated when you go out stumbling around with the lights. You cover a lot of ground quite quickly then as they glow a blue/green under the black-light.

You can usually find these lights cheaper but as this one gives you an adjustable angle head 20 bucks is fine for a 10 dollar chineese knockoff product. I might ship them a cheap charger a a couple of my chinese batteries. It will suffice naturally, I would never part with my samsungs, or sony Japanese manufactured batteries.

You can usually find these lights cheaper but as this one gives you an adjustable angle head 20 bucks is fine for a 10 dollar chineese knockoff product. I might ship them a cheap charger a a couple of my chinese batteries. It will suffice naturally, I would never part with my samsungs, or sony Japanese manufactured batteries.
Thinking about getting one for traveling. Especially with the report of bedbugs in some of the better motels. Have walked out of some after flipping the covers back and checking and checking for cleanliness. This would illuminate things the eye might not see.

Back
Top Bottom