Texas

Outdoor temps have fallen to 53.2F now, the winds are still calm but the indoor thermostat is registering about 74F so before heading off to bed it was time to switch over to heat vs. freezing in my sleep or having a DW that tries to suck the life force out of you asleep at night. Not to mention the lack of humidity at 75% outside. For sure I could have made it longer but DW doesn't need to suffer through a sub 50F(70F inside) night. By putting on more clothes than underoos and a t-shirt 74F is tolerable to me. I just made sure it kicked in then turned it back off as sometimes our HVAC messes up when switching it from one setting to another. Now I am just off to look at this lunar eclipse thing I just need to gear up in my old Army PT shorts and flip flops. In my defense I did just buy her an Eeyore Fleece Walmart Onesie if she gets too cold for a Halloween costume that was too hot to wear in our neck of the woods, so she has emergency gear if needed. Admittedly, I bet if she broke down on the road and had to put something like that on to stay warm it would go viral.

Edit- In typing this post the heat just engaged after hitting my enter key. The eclipse idea was a bust I didn't see anything noticeable.

Last edited:
It's freezing here this morning, 42°F, wind chill 34°F, :lau wind hollering @ 12mph, clear. I guess I loss the challenge...I started a fire just before you posted "who'll be the first to turn the heat on!" :lol:
Suppose to be 28or 29°F tonight. :(

Outdoor temps have fallen to 53.2F now, the winds are still calm but the indoor thermostat is registering about 74F so before heading off to bed it was time to switch over to heat vs. freezing in my sleep or having a DW that tries to suck the life force out of you asleep at night. Not to mention the lack of humidity at 75% outside. For sure I could have made it longer but DW doesn't need to suffer through a sub 50F(70F inside) night. By putting on more clothes than underoos and a t-shirt 74F is tolerable to me. I just made sure it kicked in then turned it back off as sometimes our HVAC messes up when switching it from one setting to another. Now I am just off to look at this lunar eclipse thing I just need to gear up in my old Army PT shorts and flip flops. In my defense I did just buy her an Eeyore Fleece Walmart Onesie if she gets too cold for a Halloween costume that was too hot to wear in our neck of the woods, so she has emergency gear if needed. Admittedly, I bet if she broke down on the road and had to put something like that on to stay warm it would go viral.

Edit- In typing this post the heat just engaged after hitting my enter key. The eclipse idea was a bust I didn't see anything noticeable.
The eclipse wasn't much of an eclipse! Just a sliver was covered up by the earth's shadow. :(

It's freezing here this morning, 42°F, wind chill 34°F, :lau wind hollering @ 12mph, clear. I guess I loss the challenge...I started a fire just before you posted "who'll be the first to turn the heat on!" :lol:
Suppose to be 28or 29°F tonight. :(
Same conditions here 42 windy Chilly tonite 28. Are you watching my weather channel???
You didn't lose challenge-i did.

Same conditions here 42 windy Chilly tonite 28. Are you watching my weather channel???
You didn't lose challenge-i did.
I didn't win!!!??!! :ya:ya....:hithate losing a challenge! No I don't watch your weather channel....I have my own weather station in my backyard. :love actually, the temperature dropped to 39°F just before sunrise, after I posted it was 42°F.

I didn't win!!!??!! :ya:ya....:hithate losing a challenge! No I don't watch your weather channel....I have my own weather station in my backyard. :love actually, the temperature dropped to 39°F just before sunrise, after I posted it was 42°F.
Yeah they are even talking about 35F overnight here. I'm not doing the pineapple drag they can all die putting them in my own soil vs a quality potting mix has most of them them now at 2 years old and no fruit ever set. I have 1 year olds too but naa I'll just do a reset. Next year I know better no silty salty compacted soil mix. It will give the chicken something else to dig out. I'll just rescue my South African bulbs and risk the Crown of Thorns cactus as well.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom