Texas

Making you hungry?
Thoughts in your head about a pot of spicy chili?
Chili meat or hamburger meat?
I am chili 1/2 chili meat and 1/2 deer.
Ok bleeding hearts, not deer 1/2 venison its OK to eat venison but some can't stomach eating bambi. Strange how a word changes our perception.
Food is food.
Sweet egglayer gorgeous cockerel still makes a good pot o soup.
Calves are cute and make awesome steaks.
That sweet piglet will make delicious bacon
Then there's poor Bambi.
Good steaks, sausage and chili.
RANT OVER
Food is food. Cow, pig, chicken or deer. Doesn't change the meat.

Perception is interesting though. Leads to some interesting discussions.

I want to order a half pig. I'd like it all be cut as bacon. 200 pounds of bacon? They aren't made like that. :lau

So true.
If headed to the store
Are you gonna buy pig or pork?
Cow or beef?
Imagine asking a butcher for 2 lbs of cow?
I bet we could confuse some youngster clerk/stock person if we asked where the pig/cow (or cow/pig meat) is located.
Ummmn excuse me, i cant find cow-what aisle is the cow on?
Actually, I do this. :D

Beef is English. Cow is French(?) for the same thing. Or you can use the Latin. Everyone knows Latin right? I want a piece of bovine. A tender piece. :D That one standing in the middle looks like a nice beef.

I had fun when I ordered half a dozen hamburgers. The little girl wanted to know how many I wanted. Half dozen wasn't a number? :he

Common sense schooling is nonexistant.
College kids ARE extremely smart with book learning but, college kids are as dumb as a box of rocks in the real world.
Half a dozen, bakers dozen, and you get that deer in the headlights look.
Eggs that are not round-never did figure out what that college girl was wanting to buy.
Airing a tire up-simple enuff. Guess I didn't explain to clear enough.
My explanation:
Take little black cap off valve stem.
Pick up air hose and put on tire. Air goes in automatically, then check tire pressure.
College girl:
Goes out looks at tire, comes back in-cant find/what is valve stem.
Goes back out, I go with her to watch this.
Takes cap off valve, picks up air hose, looks at it a minute, then lays it ON TOP of tire, crosses arms, stands back and asks how long will this take.....I lost it

Common sense schooling is nonexistant.
College kids ARE extremely smart with book learning but, college kids are as dumb as a box of rocks in the real world.
Half a dozen, bakers dozen, and you get that deer in the headlights look.
Eggs that are not round-never did figure out what that college girl was wanting to buy.
Airing a tire up-simple enuff. Guess I didn't explain to clear enough.
My explanation:
Take little black cap off valve stem.
Pick up air hose and put on tire. Air goes in automatically, then check tire pressure.
College girl:
Goes out looks at tire, comes back in-cant find/what is valve stem.
Goes back out, I go with her to watch this.
Takes cap off valve, picks up air hose, looks at it a minute, then lays it ON TOP of tire, crosses arms, stands back and asks how long will this take.....I lost it
Next time you go to the bank for cash, ask for the dollar coins. I have had so many look at it. Look at me and say, this isn't real. Is it? :lau :he

Call your manager. I'm not going to argue with you and you already don't trust me.

Or hand them $22 (twenty and two ones) for a $7 bill. Tell them you want three $5 when they say you overpaid. WHAT! You can do math that quick? Amazing!

And I didn't even need to take my shoes off. :D

What is our world coming to?
Luckily it hasn't gone to hell. I got my Pecan Pie fix this year from Specs. Ok I didn't read the packaging and that Pecan Pie laid me out as it was loaded with alcohol. They used Segrams canadian scotch no scotch drinker can taste that. So was not my mamas Pecan Pie.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom