Texas

Hi fellow Texans,

I have been looking into getting a little backyard flock for some time and finally decided to jump in - Nice to meet you all and grateful for this forum, where I have been a lurker for some time now!

I live in Waco and was wondering if we have other backyard farmers in the area? I work from home, so I'm always looking for occasions to meet people - someone please tell me if we have a meet up group already for the area, and I'll join :p Otherwise we might have to make one!

I'll be building my coop this week and picking up pullets this Sat in West - you all, wish me good luck!
:welcome glad you dropped in! I don't know of any meet up groups, but I have met a fellow Texan to purchase/trade birds. Can't wait to see pics of your pullets and new coop!

Well.....last night's weather scared the squat out of me. I had rain blowing in my windows from the east, West, and south all at the same time . The chairs u Der tree at side of driveway-were behind my car. Porch swing in yard is upside down. Tree branches (mostly small) everywhere. My cattle gate was blown closed. Electricity went off about 10:45 pm and came back on about 9:45 this a.m.
Weather is awesome and I love it, I seldom get spooked, but I did last night.

AuntJessie, I'll keep ears open for a female kitty in need of a soft landing. Shouldn't be difficult to find!
Thank you! That's what I thought too, but all the ones I've found on Craigslist and in the classifieds, folks are asking ridiculous rehoming fees and they haven't even gotten the kittens vaccinations or anything.

Thank you! That's what I thought too, but all the ones I've found on Craigslist and in the classifieds, folks are asking ridiculous rehoming fees and they haven't even gotten the kittens vaccinations or anything.
Some people ask rehoming fees to make sure they aren’t being taken as snake food, etc. Sometimes that is negotiable if you prove it is a good home.

Edited because autocorrect sucks. Lol

Last edited:
Sorry, I'm jumping on at a random spot. But are you looking for kittens? Like vaccinated and free spay kittens? I just recently purchased three girls from the Kittery, in Mexia, they come with all their vaccines and a waiver for a free spay. They're a nonprofit and they take great care of all their cats and kittens.
Only 30 bucks for a kitten, and if you buy one you can get a second one for free.

Back
Top Bottom