Texas

Mine do good with the metal hanging feeders. The only time I had an issue was last year with some grow outs. They'd dump 40 pounds of crumble on the ground and I'd make them clean every bit of it up before I fed them. When I switched them to pellets as they got older I didn't have the issue anymore.
That's what all my littles did this year, I'd get home from work and be like are you kidding me

I think my ladies are wishing they were ducks! 114 degrees right now with the heat index.
Yeah we are in the 113 index range here too.

Have not wanted to move the sand I need to move nor work on the coops. I was sitting out side helping my brother work on the water well and watch the god kids and just sitting in the shade I was dripping sweat.

I think my ladies are wishing they were ducks! 114 degrees right now with the heat index.
no way comedy GIF by CBC

So glad that I have good, deep shade for them. The pullets are going with the flow with the big girls...taking turns standing in water tubs and standing on ice blocks. I bought a personal water mister and attached it to the big tree they hang out under. It cools the air nicely without making mud. I feel bad when they go to bed at night since it's so warm. I have a big coop (12x16 converted shed) and that is helpful with fans pulling out the hot air and lots of ventilation. Not much else to do but wait it out. I know many ppl here that do nothing but give theirs some water and hope for the best. 🙁

Back
Top Bottom