Texas

I have a white EE chick too (actually I usually end up with several every summer)

have chicks and ducklings hatching right now.. moved a few of the groups outside this past weekend.. have some goslings to move out soon

I know I missed a bunch of pages.. just been busy as heck lately!
just to give y'all an idea.. upcoming hatch dates:

5/7 & 5/8 six batches of chickens silkies, frizzles & ameracaunas,
5/9 chickens - bresse, sg dorking
5/10 two batches of chickens - EOs x2
5/12 chickens - EO
5/14 geese - toulouse x
5/15 two batches of chickens, one batch ducks - muscovy, crele dorking, red dorking
5/17 ducks - ancona
5/19 ducks - mandarin
5/22 geese - toulouse x
5/23 chickens - blue yokohama
5/25 chickens - sumatra, araucana (rumpless)
5/26 chickens - red yokohama
5/30 ducks - pekins
6/1 ducks - ancona

more eggs enroute...

If you end up selling some of the silkies, araucana, sumatra, and yokohama, please please please let me know! I really want some! Haha DH will have to deal with more babies in the room xP

On another note, what is an EO?

Last edited:
Quote: Hi
hugs.gif
love.gif
I don't keep roo's that are aggressive to their ladies either. I had a gorgeous lavender ameraucana roo I was going to use as breeding stock and the poor ladies were literally screaming and bouncing off the run walls. He pulled all their pretty head feathers out too
th.gif
. He is "elsewhere" now
gig.gif
gig.gif
love.gif
hugs.gif

Hi
hugs.gif
love.gif
I don't keep roo's that are aggressive to their ladies either. I had a gorgeous lavender ameraucana roo I was going to use as breeding stock and the poor ladies were literally screaming and bouncing off the run walls. He pulled all their pretty head feathers out too
th.gif
. He is "elsewhere" now
gig.gif
gig.gif
love.gif
hugs.gif
"Elsewhere" sounds like just the place for Dinner....I'm seeing a chicken dinner in my future (possibly this weekend)
gig.gif
I'd prefer it sooner; but, Mike has tons of commitments he has to meet this week.....and, there's no way I'm doing it after I get home at night!

Ohhhh what a day!!! Thanks for all the nice comments about the boxes! Well I had to kick the guineas out of the pen today they red sexlinks are picking on them! Made one of them bleed. I already expanded their pen but they won't leave them alone!!!!!! Poor guineas don't know what to do they just keep running up and down the fence but I'm sure they will be ok in a day or two. I hope!

Surprising turn. Fed Cherry about 15cc at 5 when I got home. She was so feisty! Got my finger a time or two. Still weak, and not wanting to stand though. But gave up a good wing flapping when I went to pick her up. Took her outside for some vitamin sun. I think it cures everything :)
null-3.jpg

Went to a meeting, boringggg, came home and gave her another 15ccs of slurry. She tried to walk away from me! How ungrateful :p. I thawed out some veggies and put a spoonful of tuna salad and scratch on a plate. She went to town! Ate about 6 kernels of corn, 6 peas, then ate several good pecks of scratch and crumble.

Moved several times. She still doesn't want to stand up completely. I imagine she is still weak. She also seems to be clearing her throat? You know how some animals stretch their necks/open their mouths when they have some lodged or are regurtating? That's what she is doing when eating solid food. Thoughts?

She was also grooming herself :)

Is it possible wet feed could have caused this? Last week it rained and it soaked the feed in their feeder. Was wet for about 2 days, and I just dumped about 2lbs of wet food into the run when it stopped raining to empty the feeder to give them dry crumble. Everyone loved the wet feed. :-/

well I'm happy to say Dad got the nest boxes built and we got them up Saturday. Hope everyone had a great weekend! :)

Very nice!

Surprising turn. Fed Cherry about 15cc at 5 when I got home. She was so feisty! Got my finger a time or two. Still weak, and not wanting to stand though. But gave up a good wing flapping when I went to pick her up. Took her outside for some vitamin sun. I think it cures everything :)
null-3.jpg

Went to a meeting, boringggg, came home and gave her another 15ccs of slurry. She tried to walk away from me! How ungrateful :p. I thawed out some veggies and put a spoonful of tuna salad and scratch on a plate. She went to town! Ate about 6 kernels of corn, 6 peas, then ate several good pecks of scratch and crumble.

Moved several times. She still doesn't want to stand up completely. I imagine she is still weak. She also seems to be clearing her throat? You know how some animals stretch their necks/open their mouths when they have some lodged or are regurtating? That's what she is doing when eating solid food. Thoughts?

She was also grooming herself :)

Is it possible wet feed could have caused this? Last week it rained and it soaked the feed in their feeder. Was wet for about 2 days, and I just dumped about 2lbs of wet food into the run when it stopped raining to empty the feeder to give them dry crumble. Everyone
loved the wet feed. :-/

Glad to hear she is doing better. I agree that sunshine is a great vitamin cure all. I think they often have trouble swallowing when they are weak. I have noticed hens in the Hospital cage often do that. As to the feed we have to dump the wet feed out after the monthly (or so) ;-/ rain and as you said the chooks love it. Never had a problem but of course it is possible to grow molds , ect that could be a problem. I'm not too worried about it, but is a possibility.

Back
Top Bottom